Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bcs296

So I was watching the Pats game...

7 posts in this topic

Did anyone else see it?

There is a Tundra parked on the side of the road. A guy driving a Silverado pulls up and asks the owner if he needs a ride. Now, for a split second I was expecting and hoping that the reason for the Tundra being on the side of the road was a snapped camshaft. While it was disappointing that this was not the case, it was also AWESOME that the reason was the Tundra RAN OUT OF GAS. The commercial then went on to illustrate the same regarding the Ford F-150.

FINALLY.

This is the kind of advertising GM needs. Tell people why GM's trucks are better than Toyota's.

Nice, I wanna see it. Who won the game?

Is it this one?

Edited by Dodgefan

Nice, I wanna see it. Who won the game?

Is it this one?

No, there's one that isn't for a particular dealership. I've seen it before. It's quite similar though and the same concept.

The Pats won the game.

I saw that commercial, too. I'm glad that GM's advertising people didn't take a cheap shot against the Tundra about the camshaft issue. I am glad they are promoting their mileage numbers compared to the comptetition.

By the way Northstar, great pic in your sig! :thumbsup:

I don't have a problem with GM or anyone else taking a cheap shot at Toyota..they've been doing it for years after all.

Toyota returned the favor this week. On their 'toyotathon' commercials they had a guy drop an I beam on a 88-89 Chevy pickup for a tundra commercial. On a highlander ad a guy pushed an S10 Blazer off a parking ramp. They did have both the blazer and CK pickup un-badged.

I suppose it's hard to find a older Toyota since their auto self destruct by rust feature works so well.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0