Firefox 3 beta 1

So... No memory management problems? So it won't randomly lose my cookies despite my settings to save them like FF2?

not quite the same thing.

FF2 was leaky in memory, if you had multiple tabs open it would sometimes start chewing up memory till it crashed.

not quite the same thing.

FF2 was leaky in memory, if you had multiple tabs open it would sometimes start chewing up memory till it crashed.

well to me it seemed like it would keep things in memory that had been closed for along time... so if you open up ~20 tabs with something... alot of that ram usage wouldn't go away until you closed FF, I have 1Gb of ram and over a day if i don't close it , it can use 100Mb easily.

I guess I'm old school...or lazy, or both...but I'm using good ole unreliable IE :lol2:

IE is a POS, like a J-Body or a first gen Neon...about as reliable and safe as one of those too. :P

My only issues with FF@ were some conflicts some of the add-ons I had installed had that made the browser unstable, but once I got rid of those I've never had a problem with it. One thing that would be nice is if the went back to the old tabbing system where you can see all of the tabs no matter how many you have...I liked that better. Also FF2's menu buttons look like crap.

What changes have been made to FF2 Oldsmoboi?

IE is a POS, like a J-Body or a first gen Neon...about as reliable and safe as one of those too. :P

My only issues with FF@ were some conflicts some of the add-ons I had installed had that made the browser unstable, but once I got rid of those I've never had a problem with it. One thing that would be nice is if the went back to the old tabbing system where you can see all of the tabs no matter how many you have...I liked that better. Also FF2's menu buttons look like crap.

What changes have been made to FF2 Oldsmoboi?

Yea, it's completely possible to put so many add-ons into Firefox that it becomes as stable as an elephant on rollerskates.

Here a link to an article about FF3

I guess I'm old school...or lazy, or both...but I'm using good ole unreliable IE :lol2:

You left out non-compliant. Despite numerous updates IE still doesn't recognize some of the oldest html elements, including basic character entities such as the apostrophe ' (required by some search engines when creating a sitemap) and has its own standards for coding and display which are often incompatible with those set by the W3C. On the other hand it is robust—if a page is coded incorrectly (open-ended html tags for example) it will more often fill in the missing information, although naturally this isn't always where it was supposed to be.

I installed it and it froze my system three times in five minutes. FF is a resource hog. IE FTW!

been using it without trouble since I installed it.... I also have IE, FF, and Safari for Windows open on my machine concurently.