Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrockb4

New fuel regulations

6 posts in this topic

The thing that is surprising is that is the first change in standards in 32 years! I wonder what the fleet average for cars produced in 2007 is (if you factor out the trucks and SUVs) compared to 32 years ago?

Interesting that the 'work trucks' would be exempt.. I wonder what percentage of those are actually used as commercial vehicles (10%?).

Edited by moltar

The thing that is surprising is that is the first change in standards in 32 years! I wonder what the fleet average for cars produced in 2007 is (if you factor out the trucks and SUVs) compared to 32 years ago?

Interesting that the 'work trucks' would be exempt.. I wonder what percentage of those are actually used as commercial vehicles (10%?).

http://www.fleet-central.com/af/t_pop_pdf....gistrations.jpg

Fleet totals can't tell you much about how many are work trucks. Most work trucks, like my Silverado, are retail sales to contractors. The fleet numbers won't reflect this reality.

Fleet totals can't tell you much about how many are work trucks. Most work trucks, like my Silverado, are retail sales to contractors. The fleet numbers won't reflect this reality.

But the reverse shouldn't generally be true, should it? If it's registered fleet then it's probably a work vehicle. So about 20% fleet sales tells you that you can start at about 20%, then try to figure how many retail sales are work trucks...

But the reverse shouldn't generally be true, should it? If it's registered fleet then it's probably a work vehicle. So about 20% fleet sales tells you that you can start at about 20%, then try to figure how many retail sales are work trucks...

I'd venture a guess of at least 45% overall (fleet and retail) that are work trucks. The % would be even higher if you exclude the 1500 series.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0