Dragon

Nissan GT-R Proto Is Here

11 posts in this topic

GTR Countdown

I can hardly wait. Nissan seems to be pretty good at making their prototypes close to production. Edited by Dragon

well its here, and its hawt. tehy did a great job making it new while keeping some of its heritage

So basically we're looking at the next G35 coupe? I think I remember reading that it would show up in the states in that form. If that's the case, this will be the first Japanese car that I'll drool over.

So basically we're looking at the next G35 coupe?  I think I remember reading that it would show up in the states in that form.  If that's the case, this will be the first Japanese car that I'll drool over.

[post="31021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No. The G35 (Skyline) and GT-R are now two seperate cars. This design is about 80-90% finalized.

Is it me or does the profile look like a cross of the current Mustang along with the last gen Mustang with a more raked rear roofline? The car does look good and will have a great road presence. What will power this thing, a turbo 6 or will they get a ral motor like an 8 cylinder. I am still saving my greens for the Vette. Never mind I just found the other link twin turbo V-6 at $80,000. For sure I am saving for the Vette. Edited by prinzSD

Well, the G35 has always been a Skyline... as that's what it is in Japan. They've always had the Skyline version over there and the GT-R Skyline (when it was in production). Let's hope that they don't badge the GT-R as an Infiniti :excl: Edited by Horizon

Is it me or does the profile look like a cross of the current Mustang along with the last gen Mustang with a more raked rear roofline?

[post="32311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...its you :P .

...its you  :P .

[post="33499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess i need to check my glasses. :P

I am getting used to the roofline, I still don't totally like it, but it is growing on me. I think the rest of the car is great though. I hope it gets the powertrain that it is rumored to be getting :) . David