and After:

Prizmandleaves086.jpg

Prizmandleaves087.jpg

Prizmandleaves089.jpg

Prizmandleaves090.jpg

Prizmandleaves092.jpg

Prizmandleaves093.jpg

Prizmandleaves095.jpg

I know, I should have done this when the leaves were still on the trees but I never got around to posting so yeah...better late than never. For anyone wondering what it looks like after the body shop got done with it.

Cost of labor: $560

Cost of parts: $200 (included bumper cover, trunk lid, bumper reenforcement, energy absorbers, and left tail light, and an afternoon's worth of work).

Sorry for the lousy quality photos...I always meant to get better before posting but that never...happened ^^; Enjoy!

Edited by Dodgefan

I know that you must have said so before, but I assume that you found a trunklid and bumper cover in color, and that's why the rear quarter is still in primer - right?

Yep, I was extremely lucky and the day I went to look for the parts the junkyard I normally go to (and stopped at first) had one..same color and everything. Only damage it had as far as the parts I needed went was a dimple in one of teh bumper's corners...which the body shop popped out.

I only had enough money to get it fixed and fitted...the quarter panel still needs some fine tuning to make it ready for paint (it looks remarkably good though), and then I'll paint it myself...but that'll have to wait until I have money and when it's warmer out.

Looks like there are still leaves on the trees to me :P

As for the car, looks like they did a nice job.

If it was me, personally, I would probly not even paint the primer... looks fine from the pics. It's your car and it means more to you though, I know. The 95 LSS we have has a huge dent in the trunk (sister), the front quarter panel is cracked (sister), front end is no longer perfect (sister again), but we told the body shop to just do a decent job to keep the costs down, as it's not worth much anyways. I drive that car more than the GTO now, as I wouldn't ever park the GTO on campus for extended periods of time, and the LSS is a great campus car (it can't get much more beat-up), is reliable, and keeps the miles off the GTO. I don't know if that's the Prizm's job as well, but that's why I view the situation as I do.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like there are still leaves on the trees to me :P

As for the car, looks like they did a nice job.

If it was me, personally, I would probly not even paint the primer... looks fine from the pics. It's your car and it means more to you though, I know. The 95 LSS we have has a huge dent in the trunk (sister), the front quarter panel is cracked (sister), front end is no longer perfect (sister again), but we told the body shop to just do a decent job to keep the costs down, as it's not worth much anyways. I drive that car more than the GTO now, as I wouldn't ever park the GTO on campus for extended periods of time, and the LSS is a great campus car (it can't get much more beat-up), is reliable, and keeps the miles off the GTO. I don't know if that's the Prizm's job as well, but that's why I view the situation as I do.

We were a little upset they did a little more work without or consent and charged us for it, but it made sense in the end to prime and smooth it a bit, and they did do an excellent job, especially for what little they charged (for a body shop). There's a small dent in the passenger fender the first owner put in it when backing up into a post or mailbox or something, but that it. I would like to have the quarter panel smoothed out more finely, and then I'd just paint it myself, but all in good time (and funds). It does mean enough to us that we'd go the extra mile for it. Still, for now the primer isn't the gray stuff, so it doesn't look horribly out place. The car healed up quite well :) Finding the same color parts made all the difference.

The Prizm sort of performs the roll of your LSS. It's used for Delivery and commuting more than the Intrepid to keep wear and tear off of it (in the case of work) and because it's so good on gas (in both cases). Plus it's easy to park it in tight spots, which it's always tight on campus.

Looks good....

I almost missed the primer...nice, shiney car...

Since it's from Kansas the paint and body are in great shape with no rust at all.

• 1 year later...
What the heck happened to it?

Was at the end of an off ramp waiting for teh rotary to clean ro I go go. Some dumbass in a Ryder moving truck (the big ones) "didn't see me" and ran into the car.

I can still remember looking left to wait for traffic clear, and seeing a truck coming way too quickly in the the side mirro and thinking "oh, that's way too fast..." BAM!

They totaled the car, but I fogught the insurance company for two months (while they paid for my Cobalt rental) and got what I wanted for it, and used the money to fix the car. managed to get body panels of the same color from teh junkyard, so even though it hasn't been painted yet, it's not too noticeable.

Also, my family has bad luck with accidents...not nearly as bad as BV's, but bad.

Was at the end of an off ramp waiting for teh rotary to clean ro I go go. Some dumbass in a Ryder moving truck (the big ones) "didn't see me" and ran into the car.

I can still remember looking left to wait for traffic clear, and seeing a truck coming way too quickly in the the side mirro and thinking "oh, that's way too fast..." BAM!

They totaled the car, but I fogught the insurance company for two months (while they paid for my Cobalt rental) and got what I wanted for it, and used the money to fix the car. managed to get body panels of the same color from teh junkyard, so even though it hasn't been painted yet, it's not too noticeable.

Also, my family has bad luck with accidents...not nearly as bad as BV's, but bad.

At least you still have the car, and got her all fixed up, and your ok man.