Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Camaro or G8?

jmsjags

The G8 will definitely be quick in GT and GXP form, but the Camaro will no doubt be quicker, faster, and better handling. The Camaro, from its beginning, was made to be a sports car (or pony car) from the heart, to the feel, and right through the design in the sheet metal. The G8 was built to be a family sedan with sporty upper trims. Also, I am almost 100% confident that the cheaper of the lowest powered V8 Camaro built will be quicker and cheaper than the G8, thus giving you more bang for the buck.

Zeta is quite a sporting platform... MT compared it to the M5, so I wouldn't say the G8 is really a sporty family sedan. It's definitely a pure sports sedan. That said, the Camaro will be sportier.

I would guess the G8 GXP will be faster than the base V8 Camaro (assuming it doesn't get the LS3 as the base V8), but the Camaro will be lighter, so if it has the same engine it will obviously be faster.

... MT compared it to the M5...

Why would they do that? I could see putting it up to the 550i or the E550, but the M5 is honestly way out of the G8 GT's ballpark.

Now when Pontiac puts together a G8 GXP... :thumbsup:

When they drove the SS-V, they said it reminded them of the last M5. Zeta is that good.

Well, that's different. I thought they were actually comparing the 360hp G8 with the 500hp M5 - that struck me as odd. :huh:

But when they put it that way, it sounds very good. Thanks for clarifying!

Well, that's different. I thought they were actually comparing the 360hp G8 with the 500hp M5 - that struck me as odd. :huh:

But when they put it that way, it sounds very good. Thanks for clarifying!

Well in top gears review they def compared it to the M5 (well the HSV) which was rated faster than the current M5. But the HSV they tested was closer to 460 horse I believe....