World Of Wheels

avro206

In Calgary, Alberta (thats in Canada BTW)

We sure don't have the sheer quantity of cars but they are just as equal in quality. Here a few shot of my 2 fav picks.

72 Buick GS Stage 1--one of 103 four speeds and only one of 3 (!!) painted silver mist. Heavily modded 455 Buick with 5 speed and the 17" Replica Buick rims (original drive train was long gone when bought)

x083.jpg

x014.jpg

x084.jpg

1968 Malibu--Marina blue (camera is off on the colour) 502 Ram Jet 510 hp, 5 speed, 17" Corvette Ralley rims

pther shot are form a show in summer last year

x017.jpg

a098.jpg

a095.jpg

oh and my car! I won best in class 80-89 CONS (conservatively modded I think....)

x078.jpg

I love the Chevelles Fuel injected V8 but like the Buick a tad more--cause they are rare

Thanks for posting. LOVE that Buick! And congratulations on your show win with the Formula! It's a clean, goodlooking F-body. I'd take a Formula over a Trans Am because it has all the good stuff without all that "extra" stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Very cool. Congrats on your win with the 'Bird. I hope to some day have my Eldorado in the condition to take home a few trophies. It's not what I'm in it for, but if someone wants to give me one then that's fine with me!

It's staying exactly the color it left the factory with; it's an extremely rare color combination. Victorian Ember Firemist with a white vinyl top, white leather interior with black carpets and dash; if I wanted a black one I would have bought a black one. I value originality and also the car will stand out against ones that are more "traditional" Cadillac colors (blue, black, silver, white, etc.). Uniqueness is good. Every 1959 model didn't leave the factory in Persian Sand, but you certainly wouldn't know that by the number you see today. It used to be special and highly desirable, but now everybody does it. Don't get me wrong, the cars look absolutely gorgeous in black and if I ever found a nice original one I would go for it, but I don't want every ignorant redneck at a car show to ask me if my car is the Batmobile because it has razor edges at the tops of the fenders at quarter panels and has other sharp lines on it. It's kind of like the same thing when retards think that every car-based ambulance built from 1950-1980 regardless of make, model, color, or coachbuilder is the car from Ghostbusters.

Edited by XP715

at this point in my life i'd rather have one of those stage 1's than a ss454. they are sweet, well equiped, and harder to find. plus most are a lil more affordable. A buddy in high school had a 70 gs 350 i was going to race my 1990 ss454 against. would have been a good race i thought. then he went and put a 455 bored 60 over in it. never brought that idea up again after that. that car was tripple black and nasty from bumper to bumper.