Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mitsuoka Madness

Mitsuoka takes innocent Japanese cars and turns them into strange mutants. Can you identify the donors? Most have been sold in the US under other names, but they are not all from the same source.

http://www.mitsuoka-motor.com/lineup/index.html

1. Viewt was once a ......
2. Nouera was once a .....
3. Galue was once a ......
4. Ryoga was once a .....
5. Galue-II was once a .....
6. Ray was once a .....

Viewt - Nissan March Nouera - their Accord/our TSX (rear's kinda cool, but he front is disgusting) Galue - their Fuga/our M (another bad one) Ryoga - Sentra Galue-II - their Cedric/Gloria/our previous M Don't know what the ray is, but it would have to be another Nissan....I see they tried to give it some MINI influyence....

1. Toyota Echo (trying very hard to look like a Jaguar) 2. Acura TL/euro Accord - front is cool as is the profile but the ass is hideous. 3. Gross beast that was once a new style Maxima. Are those DeVille tail lights? :huh: 4. NIssan Sentra trying to look like a Jag/Rover/Rolls 5. last gen M45 Infiniti. Nissan Gloria in Japan IIRC. 6. no clue... though my gut says Honda 200 but I know taht's not it. You know some of these are really fugly but I'd still rather drive some crazy custom like this instead of typical USA Rice. There's a certain charm to the concept of classic stying wiht modern mechanicals. Many a business idea I have is centered around this concept. It's just that the excecution in this case is a bit lame. EDIT: I sais TL but I mean TSX... LA is right. I stil call the tsx the TL. :P Edited by Sixty8panther

Viewt - To be loved forever!
Nouera - The concepts of production to next stage!
Ryoga - Not following the life path like other people!
Ray - This kind of beauty is atranscending beauty!

Hello! My surname is Motors, Mitsuoka! I am fulfilled to be present! Hobbies is prefer speaking English! I see advanced to making your company with my car of driving!

The interiors give them away.

I love how they virtually print over the existing badging with their MITSUOKA script.

5 out of 5 for LA. The last one is from a company that hasn't sold cars in the US for many years but who do their own version which looks more like a Mini. The Viewt (I think in Japanese this is written/pronounced the same as Beauty) is a much improved version of the last model basd on the previous-generation March.

Am I crazy for acuatlyl liking this thing? The back is hideous but I love the front. In fact I did a drawing abck in the late 90s that was VERY close to this.... the frile was a bit wider but it still had the Edsel thing going on. :P In a parallel universe where I already had a bunch of classis cars and just wanted a weird daily driver wiht strange styling I'd buy this thing too, wouldn't even mind the TSX mechanicals.

Posted Image

Am I crazy for acuatlyl liking this thing? The back is hideous but I love the front. In fact I did a drawing abck in the late 90s that was VERY close to this.... the frile was a bit wider but it still had the Edsel thing going on. :P In a parallel universe where I already had a bunch of classis cars and just wanted a weird daily driver wiht strange styling I'd buy this thing too, wouldn't even mind the TSX mechanicals.

Posted Image

[post="33390"][/post]

Yes. Men in white coats from Bellevue are on their way right now. Please do not resist, this is for your own good.

The more original sports car they showed at Tokyo is even worse, if you can believe it.

*without looking at above posts*

As I know them...

Viewt: Nissan Micra
Nouera: Acura TSX/Honda Accord
Galue: Infiniti new M/Nissan Fuga
Ryoga: Nissan Sentra
Galue II: Infiniti old M/Nissan Gloria
Ray: ???

*now looks through above posts*

What? I got the Viewt wrong? Huh... looks like a Micra to me... Or are they one in the same? That must be it, because I know a Micra... when I see... a Micra. :lol: :P

Anyways, you left out this "used to be a Nissan Silvia":
Posted Image

What a freekin waste of a perfectly good drifting candidate. Hey Japan: it's been done and they're called Excalibur and Zimmer. The only real differance is that they cut up Fords/Lincolns to make those.