Oracle of Delphi

How Old are You? Your Ears Give You Away!

11 posts in this topic

Some fun with friends and family! Enjoy!

http://www.freemosquitoringtones.org/

My daughter thought she could add ring tones that we couldn't hear, what a surprise she got when I heard her cell phone ring late at night one night, she took me to this site, I could hear up to 21khz, poor Mrs. PCS could only hear 15khz and below, and she is younger than me. :smilewide:

I can hear every single one of them. I have excellent hearing.

And it's quite surprising considering that there seems to be a genetic disorder on my dad's side of the family; my dad has mild hearing loss and two of his brothers have extreme hearing loss. I believe it was when he was around my age he started to loss some of his hearing (as well as his hair; this is another bullet I've managed to dodge).

Yup, that just reaffirms my claim of just how deaf I am.

All my teen years blasting Pink Floyd & Metallica has

caught up with me. I have hearing at the same level

as a person who is as old as my Buick. :blink:

(although I thought the frequency thing was not tied into hearling loss but just age)

Yup, that just reaffirms my claim of just how deaf I am.

All my teen years blasting Pink Floyd & Metallica has

caught up with me. I have hearing at the same level

as a person who is as old as my Buick. :blink:

(although I thought the frequency thing was not tied into hearling loss but just age)

i must not have had mine as loud as yours cause i didnt he same thing but my limit is the 21khz

I have excellent hearing, but I was surprised when I could only hear up to 19. Probably from all the metal I listen to at obscene volumes.

By the way, unless your speaker's FR range goes as high as some of the upper range ones (like 20, 21, 22, etc...) you won't be able to hear it.

I'm using my headphones, but the FR on my Grado RS-1's are 12 hz to 30 khz.

Actually, upon hearing them again, I was able to hear up to 22. Barely.

By the way, unless your speaker's FR range goes as high as some of the upper range ones (like 20, 21, 22, etc...) you won't be able to hear it.

Good call. I'll have to try it again later on better speakers.

With my laptop speakers, I couldn't hear anything beyond 18k. Must be due to being on the drumline in high school. :P

Good call. I'll have to try it again later on better speakers.

I can't believe I just thought of this, but that just begs the question, how the hell would you hear them on a phone? I can't imagine there is any phone out there which can reproduce such high frequencies...

For example, the iphone only goes up to 20 khz.

Well listening with my volume pretty low I couldnt hear anything passed 17khz....and I'm 25, so yeah my hearing sucks ( too much metal blasting in my car for the last 9 years) :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead