Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Exponential advances?

7 posts in this topic

The astounding rate of new breakthroughs and trail blazing innovation in alternative fuels really has me believing that this push may have finally reached critical mass. That the momentum for this change is now self-sustaining and demonstrates how a motivated America is a force to be reckoned with. As these technologies come on line in the field and competition heats up, we may really be on our way to a new age. Perhaps the information age will be supplanted (and supported) by an "Energy Age" that could affect life in no less dramatic way than did the industrial revolution.

Thoughts?

..did the space age last something like 40 years? 50's -90's? information...almost 20 years so far.... looking at human history, ages are prolly logarithmic.

"something" is coming, I just think it's not coming how it should, if it's an energy age, it feels forced and forced changes seem bad, generally.

..did the space age last something like 40 years? 50's -90's? information...almost 20 years so far.... looking at human history, ages are prolly logarithmic.

"something" is coming, I just think it's not coming how it should, if it's an energy age, it feels forced and forced changes seem bad, generally.

While I believe that other "somethings" are coming which aren't so positive, I think this one change has become systemic and isn't being forced. It seems obvious and natural to me.

While I believe that other "somethings" are coming which aren't so positive, I think this one change has become systemic and isn't being forced. It seems obvious and natural to me.

well.. i even forgot, some people (sociologists maybe) had ended the info age and started the "9-11 age" for lack of a better name, if that's true, we will transition sooner or later.

let's get out the dresden codecs and see what the maya's predicted for the start of a new "celestial year"....and hope it's not bad. hehe, *sigh*

I belive the real breakthrough will be in SOLAR Pannel tech it will be the way and sooner than we think,

BTW: lets drill for more oil and mine our coal.

The astounding rate of new breakthroughs and trail blazing innovation in alternative fuels really has me believing that this push may have finally reached critical mass. That the momentum for this change is now self-sustaining and demonstrates how a motivated America is a force to be reckoned with. As these technologies come on line in the field and competition heats up, we may really be on our way to a new age. Perhaps the information age will be supplanted (and supported) by an "Energy Age" that could affect life in no less dramatic way than did the industrial revolution.

Thoughts?

What are these advances exactly? Corn ethanol? :AH-HA_wink:

Could be....

Who knows...

There's something due,

any day,

I will know,

right away,

Soon as it shows.....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0