When cars were CARS

tasco_2.jpg

Quote from the website:

"Father, we've been motoring for quite some time. Are we not running short of petrol by now?"

"You're correct in your assumation, Daughter. I'll just pull over, engage the parking brake, saunter over to the rear of our horseless carriage, and visually ascertain the amount of petrochemical fuel extant by observing the aftermarket fuel indicator."

Makes you appreciate modern electronics, don't it?

Not at all.... this thing looks way mora accurate than modern gauges. :D

Besides I'd go to almost any length to check my gas if it meant I'd get

own and daily drive a pre-war car!

--------

and this one is just silly. :lol:

side_curtain.jpg

Swampcooler huh? seems like a good idea.

There's another example of good 'ol yankee ingenuity

giving us a better example than modern technology...

I bet a well built swamp cooler is much more energy

efficient than some "enegry star appliance" AC.

I too think that Red Cat awning is the $h!, I'd love to

install it on a 1929 Duesenberg. :P

Balthazar:

What year/trim Pontiac is that interior.... I'd guess '59 Bonneville but that does not seem correct.

From the wrap around whidshield it almost HAS to be a '59/'60... right?

Here's a very sexy customised '59 Bonneville, the stance is too low but otherwise it's HOT!!!

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/featur...nd_figures.html

That's what I was thinkin... almost HAS to be '58, def. not later than '60.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Umm: what? 68- you should know with that angled A-Pillar it's not '59-60 !! That's a '58 Bonne interior (grab bar reveals the model, but I know the car anyway).

The (can't recall the name of that) sliding sunshade (option, dammit!) was a 1-year only aftermarket item as far as I can tell, I've only ever seen it associated with '58 Pontiacs. It's extremely rare- I've never seen one in person.

Another oddball item I've seen in 2 '59 Olds' were REAR sun visors. I have a pic somewhere of a 98 hardtop coupe with 'em (they're notched like the front for a mirror). They might've been a factory option, but more likely they were dealer-installed.

That '59 Bonne custom is sweet, not too low for me, but I think it was a mistake to shave the Bonne stars off the quarters... and I HATE skirts where the fender has any flare- they come off as afterthoughts.

I did look at the A-pillar angle but it seemed like it might just be the angle of the camera... (or wide angle lens?)

That is quite a sexy interior.

Agreed about the skirts, that's why I decided to get rid of mine the first day I owned my '59 Buick.