Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A Horse With No Name

Real World G6 Fuel Economy

6 posts in this topic

How much dead dinosaur juice is your G6 drinking? Trying to talk a friend into buying one, and would like some real world numbers from owners, please.

Chris

For the 3.5 - 24 mpg all the time - mostly local, some highway.

On a trip from central NJ to Washington DC, the 3.5 did it on one tank of gas and the computer said I was averaging 34 mpg the whole trip, mostly at a steady 70-75 mph.

For a 219 hp V-6, I can't complain about that "old" engine. I don't know about the 4-banger or 3.6 though.

The 3.9 gets about 18 in VERY HEAVY traffic (25 mile trip to work takes me an hour +). Highway I've seen it up to 25 mpg, but I haven't taken it on a long trip like the 3.5.

I'm usually getting 23 MPG, and I'm pretty heavy on the gas. I also have the older 3.5 engine, only have 201hp. The transmission is less aggressive than the GT.

I have an 07 gtp 3.6l. I'm getting 16mpg. I drive it mostly in really heavy traffic and I have a seriously heavy foot.

So in mostly rural driving with a light foot, 25 mpg wouldn't be unexpected?

Chris

Our 2007 3.5L V6 4 dr gets low to mid 20's most of the time. The car does 90% around town driving, but my dad (who drives it most of the time) thinks fast is over 35mph anywhere lol. Its much better then my Aurora with the 3.5.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room