Hank's Last Road Trip

Ya, a great story and great music.

It also brought home how much cars like the Cadillac of that era had so much soul and cars of today, are so souless.

And less rattles apparently. Seriously though, I'd love a 1956 Cadillac. That's one of my favourite years along with 1965.

They definitely have presence... My connection with the 1956 is that my grandfather, while working in Brooklyn in the 1960s, never had much, he was a plasterer for Trump Village, and in 1964 he bought a White 1956 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. To date, it's the only Cadillac he ever had (He came back to Alberta in 1976 and drives a 2007 Impala LS in Black). My Great Aunt Dolly (on the other side of the family) lived in a posh apartment overlooking Central Park in Midtown at the time, and purchased White 1956 Sedan Deville new... I mean, they're the first year for the 4-Door Hardtop, I think They're the best execution of all the 1950s... Forget the 1959, forget the 1957-1958. It's the 1954-1956 ones that are best.

I've always been partial to white on white Cadillacs.

Your family has great taste and thanks for the interesting little story about them.

You're most welcome... Great Aunt Dolly's SdV must have had about a hundred thousand miles on it by the time she got rid of it (She kept it for like 15 Years). Twice a year she'd drive it all the way from NYC to Englishtown, Nova Scotia (on the Northern Tip of Cape Breton for Summertime at her summer cottage and she also went up for Christmas) where the rest of my mom's family lived, It must have been some highway cruiser is all I can say!

'56 might be my #1 fav of the '50s (non-Eldorado) Cadilacs, too. I was gushing over one a few weekends ago- not a bad line or angle anywhere, plus lots of cool details. But toss E's into the mix and I reshuffle my favs.

>>"The car also had twin 4-barrel carburetors and a continental kit, dealer-installed options that Hank may have added. They aren't listed on the window sticker."<<

Funky: Cadillac didn't get a 4bbl until '52, yet his '52 had dual quads before Jan '53 ? Hm-mm....