GPS/NAV Shopping...

Okay the time has come I have been promising myself some sort of real GPS for my rides but have kept waiting till prices come down. Well after much thought I am seriously considering a Garmin Nuvi 650. Anyone have any thoughts? Experince with one? Or feel free to suggest something different but I think I am prolly getting a Garmin. I have a Garmin E-Trex for hiking and biking and just love it. I have owned it for about 4 years and it has been on many a trip out west. So feel free to chime in.

I initially had a Magellan Maestro 4250 from Costco for $299. It had a nice big 4.3" screen and lots of features (Bluetooth), but that was all pointless because sometimes it wouldn't turn on. I decided I couldn't rely on it for an upcoming trip, and I returned it.

I replaced it with a Garmin Nuvi 200 for $159. It's simpler, but it does all the basics, and it has proven much more reliable and dependable. Initially I was concerned about the signal strength, because it often couldn't locate satellites indoors, but on the road it only lost signal a few times in a tunnel. It was fine on NYC skyscraper-clad streets. Occasionally it thought I was driving on a parallel street different to the one I was on, but a quick reboot fixed that. The interface is easy to use, and it recalculates routes very quickly