50 White Cars

Did you know that to make that Bentley a hardtop it costs $275,000

in R&D, parts & tooling PER CAR!?

Seriously if it was a 2dr sedan it would be priced to compete with the

Toyota Camry-Solara.

I was being sarcastic... people on this forum have used similar logic. :wacko:

Seriously, though, I'd rather have a post/B pillar car in a tri-5 Chevy.

My 57 Chevy was a proper hardtop and my 55 was a post and I just like the post car better...prob. because all of the old stock cars, gassers, and such were post cars, as well as the car in American Graffiti...

Saw a beautiful gold 442 W-30 post car the other day, wouldn't kick it out of the garage...

That being said, I love true hardtops.

The Camaro looks great in white in the linky...

As does the GTI Volkswagen...

Chris

>>"Did you know that to make that Bentley a hardtop it costs $275,000 in R&D, parts & tooling PER CAR!?"<<

:lol: Still, there was some horsesh!t about having to weld the top on jussst sooo or the whole car had to be scrapped? Did I say 'horsesh!t'? Like that quarter is any more complex than -say- a late '70s T-Bird.

Frankly, the only thing about HE's pic above that says 'premium' is the fact that we know it costs so damned much- visually the car is a generic borefest. There's one 2 minutes up the road from me... it's a rental car.

>>"Did you know that to make that Bentley a hardtop it costs $275,000 in R&D, parts & tooling PER CAR!?"<<

:lol: Still, there was some horsesh!t about having to weld the top on jussst sooo or the whole car had to be scrapped? Did I say 'horsesh!t'? Like that quarter is any more complex than -say- a late '70s T-Bird.

Frankly, the only thing about HE's pic above that says 'premium' is the fact that we know it costs so damned much- visually the car is a generic borefest. There's one 2 minutes up the road from me... it's a rental car.

The styling's a bit dull...I much prefer the Bentley Continental GT...