I have TB

At least on the brain, anyways... :AH-HA_wink:

I've been thinking about getting a truck for a while now...let me know what you think....

Since I have 3 compact cars (a Balt and two Cavs) that are good on gas...what if my next car is a truck?

A Trailblazer, to be exact.

The TB would be used for trips for the family, and trips to Lowe's or Sam's Club....

I would keep the other cars for the commute, so the TB would be lucky to see, maybe 50 miles in a week....(not counting trips to places)

And since they will be gone soon, I should be able to get one pretty cheap...all I need is an LS that can tow, A/C, CD...that's pretty much it.

I would be considering one after the Balt gets closer to being paid off....maybe one of the last 09 TBs.......

At least on the brain, anyways... :AH-HA_wink:

I've been thinking about getting a truck for a while now...let me know what you think....

Since I have 3 compact cars (a Balt and two Cavs) that are good on gas...what if my next car is a truck?

A Trailblazer, to be exact.

The TB would be used for trips for the family, and trips to Lowe's or Sam's Club....

I would keep the other cars for the commute, so the TB would be lucky to see, maybe 50 miles in a week....(not counting trips to places)

And since they will be gone soon, I should be able to get one pretty cheap...all I need is an LS that can tow, A/C, CD...that's pretty much it.

I would be considering one after the Balt gets closer to being paid off....maybe one of the last 09 TBs.......

Get the new job 1st and I will let you buy anything you want. :AH-HA_wink:

I was riding in my buddy's brand new Silverado today (1500 CrewCab, 4x4, 5.3L 'DOD')- beautiful, quiet, smooth, classy truck. He tells me he was towing a Yukon on a trailer, OD off and in Tow/Haul, and on the highway it was still dropping down to V6. Tons of balls, and is getting 24-26 on the highway (not towing)- reports the tonneau cover makes a huge difference on the highway.

Made my '04 2500HD look positively ancient.

We can't give this truck away around here. The TB is one vehicle I won't be sad to see go. I will defend the Aveo, Cobalt, Impala - even the Colorado, but the TB should have been gutted 2 or 3 years ago. It is just an embarassment.

Even 0 financing for 72 months can't entice people around here.

We can't give this truck away around here. The TB is one vehicle I won't be sad to see go. I will defend the Aveo, Cobalt, Impala - even the Colorado, but the TB should have been gutted 2 or 3 years ago. It is just an embarassment.

Even 0 financing for 72 months can't entice people around here.

You should see how many are still around here...

I wouln't be suprised to see a 10 grand rebate on these things before long....

Edited by daves87rs

I really like my 2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD. It rides really nice and has great power with the Atlas 4200 I6. If GM would have fully upgraded the interior when they did the little changes to the exterior back in 2006, it may have helped. Fuel economy when it's a daily driver isn't great - I get anywhere from 14-16 MPG in city driving, and anywhere from 18-22 MPG on the highway. I find it to be comfortable, roomy, and spacious enough for my needs. Of course it will be leaving the fleet soon, as the lease is up in August and we can get out now with GMAC's pull ahead. It's the wife's turn to get the new vehicle, and she wants a smaller, fuel efficient car as her daily driver. So I'll be without a truck again, at least until November of 2009 (or possibly earlier), when the AURA lease is up. Hopefull the 2010 GM trucks will have some changes to get better fuel economy and GM works it's magic so I can get back behind the wheel of a truck.