Thanks to Josh & Dutch

buickguy

Thanks for all the info on the new Buicks.  Great stuff and it has many of us very excited about Buick's future. I have a couple of questions.

Were there any possible names being discussed for the crossover?

Are Buick dealers pushing for the Velite convertible?

[post="34494"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Believe me we're pushing for anything we can get...

stoopsbuick: Yes, but what kind of response does GM give you?  Do they -- for example -- not respond, ask you to be patient, or say it isn't possible?

[post="37768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The response I've gotten is they don't want to spend the money on a production model...But I haven't heard yet that it's gotten the offical axe...

Thanks for the info. I really think if Buick wants to be a Lexus, then they need a convertible. With the Velite, Buick could compete with the BMW 3 series ragtop, the Mercedes CLK, even the Chrysler Sebring. I used to have an old Lesabre convertible and it was awesome. It is hard to convince young people to go to a brand that has nothing for them.

So be it.  But then, I presume, all talk of any $3 billion for Buick should end.

[post="38005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Perhaps it's being allocated for other projects that will reinforce Buick as an American automotive brand?

I was all gloomy about Pontiac until today, however now I have nothing but excellent things to say about them.

Buicks time will come. This "administration" of Lutz and his General Managers know what they want to do. Sit by and bide your time. That's all for now.

If bad news comes down, you'll more than likely read it here first given our insiders + myself and others.

The. End.

Watching "The Apprentice with Martha Stewart" tonight, I caught a Buick commercial that, I think, had the Lucerne subtley [sp.?] included at the start. It was a dark color, with only part of the hood and grille showing; it wasn't named, just happened to be next to whomever was talking. The commercial was basically about Buick's "Total Value Promise," featuring LaCrosse. They did give the website buicktotalvalue.com at the end. GM does like to tease in its ads.

AFTERTHOUGHT...Josh: Why don't you call up Buick p.r.. similar to your call to Pontiac, and ask what happened to the $3 billion mentioned in such-and-such an article? Edited by wildcat

AFTERTHOUGHT...Josh: Why don't you call up Buick p.r.. similar to your call to Pontiac, and ask what happened to the $3 billion mentioned in such-and-such an article?

[post="38012"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have to type up an "action plan" for a promotion I'm up for at work that is due tomorrow, I'll certainly follow up on the $3Billion designated for the brand.

Perhaps it's being allocated for other projects that will reinforce Buick as an American automotive brand?

I was all gloomy about Pontiac until today, however now I have nothing but excellent things to say about them.

Buicks time will come. This "administration" of Lutz and his General Managers know what they want to do. Sit by and bide your time. That's all for now.

If bad news comes down, you'll more than likely read it here first given our insiders + myself and others.

The. End.

[post="38006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with Josh 100%...on the otherhand this transition time is really tough on stand-alone Buick dealers, they really need to put Pontiac or GMC (or both B) ) in these stores I'm really begining to think that stand alone Buick or Pontiac dealers will become extinct..

What about a coupe? Any chances of Buick getting one? Also, I'm thinking of getting a LaCrosse CXS, but wish it had portholes. I read somewhere they will have them in '07. Should I wait, or can you order them? As for the Velite, what a waste of a concept. That car could bring Buick a whole new customer base.

What about a coupe?   Any chances of Buick getting one?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a LaCrosse CXS, but wish it had portholes.  I read somewhere they will have them in '07.  Should I wait, or can you order them?

As for the Velite, what a waste of a concept.  That car could bring Buick a whole new customer base.

[post="38182"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I haven't heard anything on a coupe in quite some time but that would be nice...as far as the portholes are concerned you can have them added for around 200 bucks.. Edited by Stoopsbuick

Buick needs a line of RWD coupes, convertibles, sedans like it needs new consumers, desperately. The sooner the better. It's a shame we have been asking for so long for revival at these brands and GM has yet to get it. The picture is only getting worse as more and more time passes without the right product.

:(

He's right.

[post="37969"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Josh, does this mean they are pushing for it to be Epsilong based? That's what guion has been saying, and it's not a good thought, imo. Why release another convertible from the same platform that would just canabilize even more? A Velite with the potential for hot V8 engines or TT V6 engines capable of pushing over 400 hp and a platform that can handle that amount of power is tantalizing, and the only shot GM has of EVER getting Lexus, MB, BMW, and Audi customers to Buick.

Thank you for the information. I will ask my dealer for them.

Do you know if they also offer a wood steering wheel? 

The Park Avenue, Lucerne, Rainier, and Rendezvous all have it.

[post="39474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The only car they offer an accesory wood steering wheel for so far is Lucerne...If I find out differently I'll let you know.