Car Wash Time!

Alberta doesn't require front plates, right? So do yourself a favor and get rid of that ugly bracket.

We're getting new license plates (new design) in Q1 2009 but no front plates...

Even so I'd just as soon keep it on because I'm keeping this car well, indefinitely (read forever if it's not totaled eek!). The Law enforcement agencies are lobbying for front plates to be introduced at some later date, so I'd feel awful stupid if I had them removed only to have to put the bracket back on again (!)

I think I'll order an Impala plate from Ebay like this one (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Chevrolet-IMPALA-Logo-N...1QQcmdZViewItem) and call it a day, besides I don't want to leave the little plugs for holes in the bumper. This way it's just nice and proper.

Alberta won't be getting front plates back, indicated by gov't people.....so we all beg you to take that black thing off. Are you sure there are holes?....often they are attached from underneath. That's the joy of living here, we don't have to have our car front ends mucked up.

Looks really good! I was unaware you could get a console shifter and leather/audio on the steering wheel on the LS. Whoops. Too bad more don't come like that because then I'd consider an LS used.

Looks really good! I was unaware you could get a console shifter and leather/audio on the steering wheel on the LS. Whoops. Too bad more don't come like that because then I'd consider an LS used.

Only in Canada.... There's an upgrade package called the LS Sport Package that gives you XM, Alloys, Flip 'n Fold Rear Seat, Leather Wheel w. Audio Controls, CD/MP3 Stereo, and Rear Spoiler. In Canada we only have the LT2 equivalent model, not the LT1 so that package essentially makes it into an LT1-like equipped vehicle.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Here's a little history of Alberta licence plates. We are finally getting newly designed ones in early 2009 after many years.

I heard the new ones may have mountains in the background and the slogan, 'Strong & Free'. 'Wildrose Country' I hope will hit the Alberta dust.

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/CN_ALBE.html

Edited by HarleyEarl

Here's a little history of Alberta licence plates. We are finally getting newly designed ones in early 2009 after many years.

I heard the new ones may have mountains in the background and the slogan, 'Strong & Free'. 'Wildrose Country' I hope will hit the Alberta dust.

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/world/CN_ALBE.html

Then you might be interested to know I submitted a license plate design proposal to the Selection Committee.

Here's What I Designed and Submitted:

plates.jpg

You know what I don't understand? Look at the HVAC temp control... it's a nice-sized, chrome outlined dial, the same size as the fan and vent selector... why is it on the Malibu, they have the IDENTICAL HVAC control with this little temp dial not chromed out? Something like that irritates the hell out of me... and I would think it would just be easier to keep it the same for everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

The Impala is looking good. You sure ARE a neat freak. :spin:

A1305E.jpg

P.S. still can NOT get over the '05-up Impala's headlights... "glass tumors" is what I call them.

Edited by Sixty8panther