SEMA SOLSTICE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the Club racer that Pontiac is showing at SEMA this week.

I am not sure but suspect much of this may be based on what we will see in some of the Pontiac supported racing programs for the Solstice.

They have yet to anounce the engien but I suspect it will sport a Turbo.

The looks are over the top but keep in mind it is like the C6R and much of it is base on a race car.

The gold on the other hand must look better in person?

If you look around the fog lights they used parts from the 07 turbo. I expect this to be part 07 turbo and many SPO body kit parts like the GTO kit they offer at the dealer. Edited by hyperv6

Sorry for the dupe here on this topic I missed the one in Auto Shows. I will be eager to see if there was anything too the V8 mentioned there. I know it will fit but don't see Pontiac puting one in for a show car. At least yet. I don't think Chevy would like to see the Blue Devil engine in a Pontiac before they show it in a Vette. They are still sore over the V8 in the GP before the Monte and Impala. They are still upset they did not get the Gen III 3800 SC when they had to live with the Gen II.

OK guys its a race car and its gonna fly off the track with out some down force on the back. I dont like that "wing" however.

Nor do I like the tacked on very ricey looking side skirts with air vent, cheezy and I dont like how they carved the front vents either. Looks like cheap aftermarket sculpting. Also :rolleyes: not sure if that air damn is working with the bulbous front ?

Hardtop is absolutely grotesque, is it a combo from a 80 Riviera and bubble top Vette ? I think so. Lets get some sails on that thing !

Not bad but not how Id do it.

Love the color but I like it with a little more fire in it.

Hmmm... hmmm... hmmMMMMmmmm... :P I think a Formula Fiero would be a better comparison. Same spoiler, smaller buttresses. The problem I see is that the Solstice's spoiler is too damn high and those whatchmacallits on the trunk. Otherwise, there are quite a few simularities. Never noticed that... hmmm...