Car and Driver - Lightning Lap

Z-06

I'm not sure why this is a surprise. It was the fastest FWD car around the Nurburgring until June until some little Renault beat it by 5 seconds.

It's 8:22 time matches the Nissan GT-R and E46-M3 while beating cars like the E95-335i and Audi S5.

In a really cool side note, some SCCA racers had a comp. Prepped . Cobalt SS/TC on display out at childrens hospital and were spending time with terminally ill children. From what I understand they were very well recieved by the kids.

Really awesome IMHO!

Chris

I'm not sure why this is a surprise. It was the fastest FWD car around the Nurburgring until June until some little Renault beat it by 5 seconds.

It's 8:22 time matches the Nissan GT-R and E46-M3 while beating cars like the E95-335i and Audi S5.

That is the surprise. It beat the evo, sti, 135i, and the hallowed IS-F to name a few which are NOT FWD. These cars have better power to weight ratio and have 6 piston break calipers and other intimidating features that the Cobalt lacks.

It is a car that makes me say for Pete's sake F$ck the creature comforts and just enjoy the sound, ride and power.

What has always made the Viper so special is that it gives you the tools but makes the driver do the work without 20 computers doing the work for you. Not many cars these days are like that.

Besides, it's a weekend warrior anyway, the creature comforts can be saved for the family car.

What has always made the Viper so special is that it gives you the tools but makes the driver do the work without 20 computers doing the work for you. Not many cars these days are like that.

Besides, it's a weekend warrior anyway, the creature comforts can be saved for the family car.

That is my only reservation for the Nissan GuTteR. Sure it may be a good handler with balanced chasis and great response, but if you have a car that does anything and everything for you why not go a step farther and let it drive you while you sit and just turn the steering wheel as you do on your X-BOX360 or PS3?

People have seemed to forgotten real cars are meant to be driven and pushed to their extremes by a driver not by itself. And I am glad that the ACR slaughtered the GuTter by 5 seconds. I hate when people blast the Z06 for being nervous - yeah Ferraris and Porsches of yore were always nervous. Seems like world is turning into woosses, and I do not belong to that generation which had cars that made you work not the other way around.

That is my only reservation for the Nissan GuTteR. Sure it may be a good handler with balanced chasis and great response, but if you have a car that does anything and everything for you why not go a step farther and let it drive you while you sit and just turn the steering wheel as you do on your X-BOX360 or PS3?

People have seemed to forgotten real cars are meant to be driven and pushed to their extremes by a driver not by itself. And I am glad that the ACR slaughtered the GuTter by 5 seconds. I hate when people blast the Z06 for being nervous - yeah Ferraris and Porsches of yore were always nervous. Seems like world is turning into woosses, and I do not belong to that generation which had cars that made you work not the other way around.

:yes:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li...ap_2008_featureGM has an amazing piece of FWD (68 listen :P ) machinery in their hands.

The best FWD car in the world made right now?

Or... at least the best performance oriented FWD car in the world.

Still, I'd take an "average 'ring lap time" RWD car over it any day.

If this is what GM is capable of with "F-wrong Wheel Drive" just

think of what they can do with an inexpensive RWD... if they

ever get off their a$$es and TRY