Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Any Buicks at SEMA?

Robert Hall

Why would they bother too.  GM does not care for Buick and is doing everything in its power to phase it out like they did Oldsmobile.

[post="37081"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think that's a little harsh...

But it is a tad unfair to see Pontiac, Saturn, Chevy, and Cadillac in Sema with at LEAST 1 vehicle, all but Saturn with more than one.

Obviously GM knows what making a performance oriented vehicle does for a division- why would they not even BOTHER with Buick? So annoying.

Well it's not like the target audience of Buick would be interested in the "accessorized" vehicles in the first place. Buick doesn't have a ricey image like Lexus. So I think it's perfectly fine.

Although Buick in SEMA would be a nice to have, but certainly not a must have.

[post="37452"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly.

I also feel that the LaCrosse and Lucerne aren't really meant to be sporty, so that's probably why there aren't any modded one. When the RWD sedan comes (assuming there will be one by 2010) then I'm sure we'll see tuned version of it since it's should be geared more towards sportiness.

The reason why people don't even bother trying to make Buick sporty is because GM doesn't try to make Buick sporty. Buick has the potential to work with the 3.6 in the LaCrosse and the Northstar in the Lucerne... you're telling me these engines can't be sporty and that these vehicles can't have more class? They totally can because that's what SEMA does. Give Buick a chance.

When was the last time you saw a Buick tastefully modified?

I think I've yet to see it.

[post="37473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Theres quite a few out there... try regalgs.org

and check out my car domain.. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/380029 you may not think it looks good, but IMO it shows that a buick can look less like an old person car with some little changes. B) Edited by deanh8