Hmmm ...

Just some daydreaming born out of some Sonoma-related frustrations. :scratchchin:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/860186545.html

This car is also located about 20 miles south of where the Cutlass originated from (Jellico, Tennessee), and somewhere around the town from where the Cutlass was originally purchased (LaFollette, Tennessee). I wonder what other gems I can find in Tennessee? :smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

I wonder what other gems I can find in Tennessee? :smilewide:

He he ... oh, I bet you could find quite a few other gems in TN.

Be interesting to see other photos of that ... from the one in the ad, looks pretty good ;).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"If by chance you are ever this way look me up" ... John Anderson ... 'Down in Tennessee'

Cort, I should mention to you that I drove by the lot in Richmond today to see if that Monte Carlo was still there. I didn't see it anywhere around, but I think they might have temporarily relocated it as the lot seemed to have just repaved their blacktop. I'll keep you posted. :)

So, here's the e-mail I just received. I'm still waiting for some more photos:

I will get back to you on this.. I'm not exactly sure so I'm going to ask my husband. I can tell you that I know the headlights/tail lights arent on it because we were having it painted & the guy doing it messed the job up so we're tired of dealing with it & could use the money instead. As far as the interior the seats need to be reupholstered, the carpet needs (or needed, not sure) to be installed (comes w/ it)... as far as the rest, i will get back to you soon.

I have something I could sell to at least get something of a down payment/deposit on a loan. Anyone think that $4500 would be too low of an offer for this car (not that I am dead serious on buying it right now)? :scratchchin:

That's a '70, not a '71. At least the front end is a '70.

I was going to say... Yeah. 1970 Front End. But there's something wrong with the car, and I can tell from the picture... if it is in fact a 1970 then where are the stacked cornering lamps on the forward lower front fender? Despite having a 1970 front end it doesn't have the right sort of bumper for a 1970 either... Something's up wit the car... I'd be very thorough.

'70 nose + '71 tail-lights & rear bumper = nice, logical look. :)

Wasn't it great when each year had its own look?

So much so, that we can tell all of this from one crappy pic 38 years later!

Yup, gotta love the classics. :lovey:

Cort, I should mention to you that I drove by the lot in Richmond today to see if that Monte Carlo was still there. I didn't see it anywhere around, but I think they might have temporarily relocated it as the lot seemed to have just repaved their blacktop. I'll keep you posted. :)

That's fine...! Thanks for letting me know! :)

Wasn't it great when each year had its own look?

*nods emphatically*

YES!!!!!!!!

I love it that you can tell a '71 MC from a '72 MC, a '74 MC from a '75 MC, a '78 MC from a '79 MC, etc....

That's fine...! Thanks for letting me know! :)

No problem, Cort. I'll be driving the Cutlass to Richmond again sometime this week or the next and I'll check that lot once more. :)

Now, on another note, I found another Cutlass in Ohio, and I can't seem to quite get it out of my head ...

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/867697363.html

It's a manual and I think it could make a good companion to the '72. :scratchchin: