rkmdogs

My Last Hurrah

35 posts in this topic

I have had many vehicles in my lifetime, in many types and brands, but I have always had a special feeling for those cars that were built for heavy-duty police work. Depending on who made them and when, there have been several outstanding models and, IMO this is one of them. The 9C1 designation is given to cars produced by Chevrolet for police service, with many special, heavy-duty features that are not even optionally available on the civilian models. That also, is the case here, and the closest civilian version of this car was the Impala SS. averaged 22.4 mpg! Yeah, they don't make'm like this anymore. Too bad! I have been trying for 3 days now to put in a picture of this car. The system says I do not have enough space ------ but I have reduced the pic in my documents to less than 1K ! How do you post a nice pic? Somebody please help!

How do I "upload" it? Just select, cut & paste?

On ImageShack.us... 1) Upload photo. 2) Copy/paste the URL address at the bottom where it says "Direct link to image." 3) Click the 'IMG' buttom on the posting page and paste that whole URL. It should work.

I'd rather not add another program to my loaded already computer. I'm a little gun-shy 'cause I just had to spend $$$$$ to get rid of 16 virus attachments that came with X-Mas cards! Is there any way to download directly from "My Documents" file? Edited by rkmdogs

Message deleted! Edited by rkmdogs

Posted Image Edited by rkmdogs

Love it! Great post. :) :wub:

Posted Image

Thanks! I don't know how you did it, but glad the ol' squad finally made it.
I hope you realize this is the after pic, not the before!
This was (is) an ex-FBI undercover, unmarked car, but I think that they must have used it as a road block! There was not one undamaged panel on it when I got it.
I got it @ 144,000 miles, which is another anonmaly, since Fed cars are supposed to be turned in @ 110,000.
It now has 183,000 on it (hardly broke in), and it has been "tickled"
a little.(Heh-heh!)
This will probably me my last one. My previous "toy" was a 1983 Malibu
9C1, the last of the RWD Malibu sedans, and one of my favorites.
If I can ever figure out how this picture thing works, I'll post it, too!
It was featured in the Sept.1987 issue of Super Chevy magazine--- after
it too had been tickled. Turned 14.4 inthe 1/4, on street tires!

Posted Image
:rolleyes: Edited by rkmdogs

Click on "add reply" and then click on the "IMG" button. IN the window paste in the HTTP: link and click okay. The picture will come up for you.

And then I got talked into entering the 2005 Daytona Spring Car Show --
my first........ and last time!
It's a lot of work trying to make a street driver look as pretty as a trailer queen!

Posted Image

a a caprice ill post my clunker i got 3 old pics on file for some reason
I FOUND THEM SOME HOW! <_< (is she trying to sell it on ebay i ponder quitly to myself) :o

SIDE
Posted Image
FRONT
Posted Image
AND AHHHH!! THE ENGINE 260,000 strong (it is clean see what good maintance can do!!)
Posted Image Edited by capriceman

no offense Why a women cant back out a car!!!!!!!!!! the mirror dent i no i saw that. i was pissed to she backed out to fast and smack crunched the mirror in :angry: and yes its still R-12 only thing replaced is altenator and hoses. Any ?'s O i STILL WISH THEY MADE THE CAPRICE. i had a new style like yours a 91 it was more unstable than this but i would of had it still. My brother could drive.( a not a fault accident) i want to leave suburbia!! ill pay rent any one. J/k

Here's a picture of Roach II (hopefully someone will be interested in buying it). I am letting my Maintenance Manager use it right now. I refuse to pay for the 15 mpg it gets. At this point my wife won't let me ask less than $4000 for it. We got it from the county police, who got it from the city of Portland. It does run strong as any Caprice out there, and this one hasn't been abused like Roach I. Though if it doesn't sell soon, I'm going to have to come up with ways to get it to die so we have an excuse to sell it (it never worked for Roach I but it was fun trying).

Here's a picture of Roach II (hopefully someone will be interested in buying it).  
At this point my wife won't let me ask less than $4000 for it.  We got it from the county police, who got it from the city of Portland. 

Dsuupr;

You did not indicate what the mileage is, nor what market conditions are, where
you are, but a small note.......

'95-'96 9C1 Caprices on eBay are going for $3300. Yours is a '94, which some people prefer due to an unproven wives tale that is was supposed to be faster
than the last 2 years' models.
By your note, you are at least the 3rd owner of this car, & no mention of its'
service history.

You might suggest to your wife to lower her economic sights, unless you have put a bundle into it, refurbishing it. You also did not indicate what engine it had, the
desired LT1 or the smaller L99 V-8.
AND, if you are only getting 15mpg, you definitely need some engine maintainence, or a lighter foot on the loud pedal!
I honk mine, and get 18-20mpg all the time, and when I drove it down from
Philly to FL., cruising @ 80-85mph, I averaged 22.4mpg!

:rolleyes: B)

Posted Image Edited by rkmdogs

185,000 miles 1st owner Portland Police 2nd owner Yamhill County Police 3rd owner us All records kept with county & city prior to us We've done oil changes & a/c - as typical B-body that's it LT1 My right foot can't be light on that car. I would be scared of hurting it by being to gentle. They're not made for it. I'm the one that wants to dump it, not here. I've never been a fan of the useless gas hogging style of the B-body sedan.

I'm the one that wants to dump it, not here.  I've never been a fan of the useless gas hogging style of the B-body sedan.

Then why did you buy it, if you are not into muscle cars? :huh:

I guess you never heard the story of Roach I (back in the days of the 1st generation of Cheers & Gears). To shorten it, I didn't want it, my wife did. We got a Caprice years ago because she kept banging up my Alero. It lasted 390,000 very beaten on miles at which point in time I forced her into getting rid of it. We bought her a 1999 Intrigue that she never liked so we sold it to a friend and bought Roach II. That was ok until we bought our house - a 50+ mile round trip for her to work and back. At $600 a month in gas the big ugly car had to go. She doesn't want to get rid of it until someone is willing to overpay for it, but is willing to make the Cobalt her daily driver. For the record, I've never "wanted" Roach II or Roach I in the first place. I had always hoped she would get more of a liking for minivan or something more parental like.

You have to change your view perspective. The glass is not half-empty, it is half-full! Be thankful your wife did not fall in love with some big SUV, or worse, a Ford Expedition or Exploder! Still, you should be getting better gas mileage than that, especially doing open highway driving. My Caprice, on the road gets better gas mileage than my wife's Astro! ----- and the Astro is five years newer! :chevy:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead