Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
siegen

Dodge to pull out of NASCAR Truck series for '09

7 posts in this topic

Full article @ autoracingsport.com

The struggles in the U.S. automobile sales market are trickling down to racing, with the latest blow coming to the Craftsman Truck Series. Dodge will not provide any financial support to any teams in the series in 2009, Dodge Motorsports senior manager Mike Delahanty said.

Racing series everywhere are taking big hits. Can't say I really care too much about NASCAR though.

it looks as though people realizing times are getting tight. nascar is too big its the new football i guess, if you want to see some good grass roots racing look for the hooters pro cup series. they are pretty decent.

This might help improve the Dodge brand image, hehe.

Meh...NA$CAR is to motorsport what the WWE is to wrestling, IMHO.....a bunch of shapeless colorful blobs going around in circles, with technology that doesn't remotely resemble production cars or engines..

It was my understanding that both Dodge AND GM were pulling out...

(Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have said that :smilewide:)

Ford supports a couple Roush trucks. Chevy pretty much supports KHI racing and just a little to what other Chevys there are. Dodge really pulled out last year and has supported Bobby Hamilton racing but with very little support.

It is not going to help if they pull out but for most teams they have pretty much on their own anyway.

The bigger issue is Camper World is the series sponsor. How long do you really think they will stay with Camper sales as they are.

Edited by hyperv6