Some more odds and ends

My dad and I are prepping my late grandfather's car to get it driving again (wheels haven't turned in a bit over seven weeks) and ultimately prep it for sale (I'm going to try and buy it myself, hopefully, but that's another story). I ran it for ten minutes here and there while he was hospitalized and it's been plugged in to the block heater, so the engine block isn't frozen. The battery is toast. Won't hold a charge, so obviously that needed to be replaced.

When I did get the car running I noticed that the left rear tire pressure sensors are both displaying a tire pressure of "---"kPa rather than the regular 190 kPa being registered from the front tires. I know the tires aren't flat or low on air so I'm wondering, will the tire pressure readings come back when the wheels are turning and warm up, or have the sensors frozen somehow?

Are there any important things we should check/attend to after the car has been sitting for nearly 2mos before we unleash it on the road again?

Maybe some fresh oil....if the tires are good, then that's about it.

I would just check to make sure that nothing in living in there....

Yup, 2 months is nothing, if you want to platy it safe change the oil and check the fluids/tires. That's all she wrote. Besides, it a newer car, there's very low likely hood of something going wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as an update I've had an Oil Change, and the Brake Fluid was looking kinda murky so I had it flushed and replaced. So far so good, but the fuel economy is still in the tank. I'm thinking of running one of those STP Anti-Carbon additives through it. Tire pressure sensors started giving readings as soon as the tires warmed up. Battery has been replaced. I've decided on taking up my grandmother's offer to sell the car to me and I think beyond a wash and wax it doesn't need anything else before it comes into my ownership.

Cant complain about my 2008 Impala LS. Only thing the dealer screwed up on which is minor is that they didnt quite put enough air in the tires and after I took delivery and drove it in the cold they said the tires were low. The dealer fixed it though and so far so good. My only other question for everybody here that has one is that does it seem like you dont get a real lot of foot heat when it is set to the floor positon?

My only other question for everybody here that has one is that does it seem like you dont get a real lot of foot heat when it is set to the floor positon?

Well I think you and I are the only ones with that Gen of Impala but I'll say it seems about right in comparison to the Venture and Malibu... The G5 and Cobalt both have a noticeably stronger heater though.

My fuel economy right now seems to go for the most part right to the window sticker. about 20-21 city and 28-29 highway. Mine has 1800 miles on it right now. Just had the first oil change done on it so I expect the mileage to go up slightly. I use just regular 87 octane. Havent tried E85. Its not worth it right now to bother with it. Mine is the really dark Imperial Blue with the ebony interior. Its a beautiful color if you can keep it clean. That thing is like an SUV in the snow too. It handles it VERY well.