Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Naming Help!

24 posts in this topic

So I've got a bit of a problem. I'm a graphic designer who specializes in web design but I have no website.

I've put it off for a while now, mainly because I couldn't come up with a design I liked (I'm on #3 now) and I can't think of a name.

Originally it was going to be 1up Design...taken

Then Forward Slash / Design...name's taken

Hell, even my initials: CAC Design were taken.

I have such a hard time coming up with names for things. The only 2 I've found so far not taken are:

L33t Design

eL33t Design

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

NO!!!

L33t Design

eL33t Design

Professionalism is key go with something lame like "Last Name" graphical Arts Or "LN" Design Services. I wouldn't give money to some guy that name sounded like a high school kid.

That's what I thought too. Ugh. It's just so hard coming up with a name. have his problem titling photos and artwork too. :banghead:

Anyway, here's the WIP site. Maybe seeing it will help anyone who wants to think of a name suggestion?

Site-WIP.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

hmmm...

"Dodgefan" Graphical Innovations

im horrible so dont listen to me

by the way nice Site I like the cleanness

Edited by capriceman

This might sound incredibly corny, but maybe replace 's' in design with a 'z' . Something like 'DFDezign', or 'slydezign', and you make it 'ez' or something.

hmmm...

"Dodgefan" Graphical Innovations

im horrible so dont listen to me

by the way nice Site I like the cleanness

Thank you! ^_^

Now if only it had a name <_<

Devine Design is an HGTV show.

How about Redeemer Design?

Whose the main demographic your appealing to? Consumers? Businesses? Figuring that out first should help with finding a name.

Small businesses probably. That's who my clients have been so far.

The more I think about it, the more I like the name. Especially since I can play with the meaning of it to help promote the site. As well, the name somewhat relates to one of web design's prominent tools, Adobe Flash.

How about "[Your Name] Design"?

My original fallback was CAC design...but taken.

concept2reality graphics.com

and

concept2realitygfx.com

are available

http://www.concept2reality.co.za

What about High Traffic Graphics?

They don't seem like the do web design, the seem like they do music or something in Africa... not sure, half the site doesn't work. The companies would I guess be different since in theory mind would Be Concept2Reality Graphics VS Concept2Reality.

High Traffic Graphics has an interesting ring to it.

HorEyesOn Design - 'cause you want eyes on your site.

You could make your logo a stylized, vectory (?) sunrise with an eye replacing the sun.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

What do you want to convey with the name? Is there something that uniquely identifies you, either personally or professionally, that could be incorporated into the name? Why do you stand out among your competitors?

-RBB

Looking at the thread title I thought you and Jessi were having a baby and wanted help in the naming department. :P

Perhaps you could use a play off your initials.... "Contemporary Artistic Creations" :P

Another possibility is to just use your first and last name. Using myself as an example... "Cory Wolfe Designs". Something like that could certainly work and would likely appeal to anyone and everyone. It's not fancy or creative, but you can't really lose any business over your own name and it probably wouldn't be taken unless you have a highly used name, a la 'Dan Smith' or something.

It pays to have done web work for a patent attorney.

I asked him today about looking up names to see if they were taking and found a giant, gaping loophole I can use to my advantage.

See, he pointed me to the US Patent and Trademark Office website. I can do a database search for all or part of the name I want to use, and it will tell me if nothing shows up, if a name is active or dead.

So as it turns out, none of those sites with "Forward Slash" in the name registered it with the US Patent and Trademark Office, so if I do, I legally own the rights to the name. :smilewide:

Even better, he said he would do the paperwork and pay the $350 fee for me!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room