Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

'85 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham 2dr found online for sale

I knew of them, but off the top of my head, not sure what years FB 2-dr were offered. I believe they started in '80. There weren't any '92-96 B-Body 2-drs... was there a '90-92 FB 2-dr ?

Nice highways cruisers, always liked the lines on the coupes.

I don't think there were any in '90-92..wasn't that when they had the thick side trim and composite headlights? I've seen some lowrider 2drs with that style trim and headlights, but I think they are earlier cars retrofitted.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure '85 was the last year for the 2dr RWD C-body. I knew they made Coupe de Villes through then, but didn't know about the 2dr FBs. I've always liked the '77-up big Caddies (even though I was in a Town Car family). A buddy in high school had a hand-me-down '81 Fleetwood Brougham 4dr, silver w/ silver leather interior, diesel. Fun car.a grandpa car, certainly, but for some weird reason, I love cushy old school American style luxury cars, as well as modern high tech luxury cars and austere, serious German luxury cars. So many contradictions. :)

Edited by moltar

Thanks for the post and the link.

That's right...in that year, the smallish FWD DeVille series and the big RWD Fleetwoods coexisted. It saddens me to know that the tufted cloth or leather interiors are gone from our automotive vocabulary. The feeling of a "living room on wheels" is a part of Americana that has "left the station."

I once had a neighbor that had an 88 Coupe DeVille (no vinyl top) in that "mauvey" brown with a matching cloth interior. It was stunning. He told me it had 147,000 miles on it. I always wondered how 4.1 or 4.5 V8s with aluminum blocks and heads made for transverse mounting in Cadillacs would fare over the years. Actually, I still see a lot of FWD late 80s DeVilles on the roads. Apparently, these little aluminum V8s have held up.

Edited by trinacriabob

The 4.1's were just crap. Just total crap. The 4.5's and 4.9's were great motors tho.

I think the Coupe de Ville I am describing was badged with a 4.5. I'm almost sure, as it was a 1988. So, they had no problems with the all-aluminum construction? It had to have had steel sleeves.

If it was an '88 it was the first year for the 4.5 and yes it was a very good motor compared to the 4.1 which had many problems. I recall the Caddy dealer in town having almost lost many Cadillac customers who traded in ever 5 or so years because of that motor. Once the 4.5 came out it got much better and the 4.9 was even better yet. Before my 2005 SLE I had a 1992 Sedan Deville with the 4.9 and gosh it was a gem of a car except for the premium gas, and 14-15 mpg in my very hilly town. On the highway I actually got about 25 mpg and I was happy with that.

Edited by gm4life