Kendall Oil?

daves87rs

Just have a quick question-anybody use this oil?

Kendall SynBlend motor oil?

I've been looking for ways to cut back (to save money), and I've decided that I'm going to cut back for the Cobalt.

I'm still putting Mobil 1 in the Cav, And NAPA Full Synthtic (Valvoline Synpower) in the other car.

Anyways, I've been consider running a blend in the Cobalt, because the Mobil 1 in it currently really is not doing that much for the car. Even the operating temp has not changed (like the Cav, which runs cooler at op temps now)

Kinda interesting, considering it is the same engine.....granted, the Balt was running Quaker State dino up until 35k.........

BUT, I still want to offer it better protection, since I still do a good amount of city driving in stupid Michigan weather.

I can pick up a jug of Kendall for a tad over 10 bucks at Murray's.........

I've even considered Wally world Full Syn for 16 bucks.....believe it or not, it actually works pretty well......

Thoughts? Tougue lashing?

Remember, I haven't done anything yet, just mulling over the options.......

I wouldn't use it. My dad used it in his Camaro back in the day lol and when he tore the motor down it was full of sludge.

Has anyone ever broken down an engine and NOT found considerable sludge?

I'm talking firsthand or secondhand experience, not your lying brother in-law's pot smoking friend who knew somebody on the intertubes that had a coffee-fueled aluminum block 404 cube inline seven with 5 carbs and 560K miles taken apart to discover that it had no wear and no sludge. ;-)

I'm talking firsthand or secondhand experience, not your lying brother in-law's pot smoking friend who knew somebody on the intertubes that had a coffee-fueled aluminum block 404 cube inline seven with 5 carbs and 560K miles taken apart to discover that it had no wear and no sludge. ;-)

Me...I helped a neighbor on his engine (2.2 Cav) with 133k, and with Mobil 1 most of it's life, it looked really good....

Im talking about alot of engine sludge asshole not just a speck, And don't get on here and insult my inteligence like im some stupid redneck with no teeth that has 20 kids to my sister. I didn't start anything with you for you to start your $h! so grow up.

Im talking about alot of engine sludge asshole not just a speck, And don't get on here and insult my inteligence like im some stupid redneck with no teeth that has 20 kids to my sister. I didn't start anything with you for you to start your $h! so grow up.

:confused0071:

Daryl, that post was in no way directed to be insulting to you, but it was a question to the group for firsthand or secondhand knowledge of a CLEAN engine.

Every engine I have broken down has had sludge in it. The engines my friends have broken down had sludge in them.

Everybody who has ever talked car talk knows that some people come up with some pretty outrageous stuff citing thirdhand, fourthhand or nth-hand Snopes stuff, which is what I wanted to exclude from the discussion with a little humor, hence the smilie.

So, I'm not starting anything with you, and if others thought I was, I would think some other forum members would have called me out, which they haven't. In any case, I don't think this kind of language is warranted.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, there is no sport in insulting people on the internet... so why bother.

:confused0071:

Daryl, that post was in no way directed to be insulting to you, but it was a question to the group for firsthand or secondhand knowledge of a CLEAN engine.

Every engine I have broken down has had sludge in it. The engines my friends have broken down had sludge in them.

Everybody who has ever talked car talk knows that some people come up with some pretty outrageous stuff citing thirdhand, fourthhand or nth-hand Snopes stuff, which is what I wanted to exclude from the discussion with a little humor, hence the smilie.

So, I'm not starting anything with you, and if others thought I was, I would think some other forum members would have called me out, which they haven't. In any case, I don't think this kind of language is warranted.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, there is no sport in insulting people on the internet... so why bother.

Ok No offense taken man sorry.