Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Now I remember why....

daves87rs

...I don't go to Autozone..... :banghead:

To save money (just on the Balt), I've been considering going from Mobil 1 to a synthetic blend oil. At least to me, I have not got the same benefit like I got with the Cav...(Granted, the Cobalt has been on Quaker State dino until the last oil change, which was Mobil 1.)

Anyways, AZ has a decent deal, 5 qts of Valvoline Durablend and a Bocsh oil filter for 20 bucks.

I wanted to see if my filter was included (since it tends to be a bit more)

The guy asked me what I was running now. Mobil 1, of course.

Then the guy proceeds to tell me that once I use a full synthetic, I cannot go back, or the car will blow up.

Then, he decides to get his manager to tell me how stupid I would be to do this, and how they would rather not have me buy the Valvoline so I don't decide to sue or something if my car blows up.

I'm like- :blink:

I'm pretty good with oils, and I have done my research, and I am always learning more as I go...(See my Kendal post, I'm not afraid to learn)

Had I not been so pissed and walked out- I would have asked him--If you can't mix them, then why the heck do you sell a SYNTHETIC BLEND??

While I don't mind opinions, I do not like people telling me what I can or cannot do....

While I haven't made up my mind yet (I may still get Mobil 1 again anyways-there is a rebate and a price drop on the way), that just annoys me to no end...

Thanks for listening to my vent. :yes:

XP and I became friends when he was a assist. Manager

at one of the better local AutoZones and I was alsways

coming in with a different car... when I brought by the

Datsun one of the guys there (not XP) tried to argue w/

me that it can NOT be RWD, "it's Japanese!"

As if the Japanese. invented &/or exclusively built FWD!

i wonder where that rumor started... you can safely switch between oils.

I don't know if your against walmart (some people are and i am kind of, but money savings is important right now) They sell a 5qt jugs of mobil 1 for about $23. I think thats what my inlaw says he puts in his f 150 and what he pays. but that was a couple of months ago so things might have changed. I noticed last time i went to the auto store i spent $70 on oil, filter and wiper blades.

i wonder where that rumor started... you can safely switch between oils.

I don't know if your against walmart (some people are and i am kind of, but money savings is important right now) They sell a 5qt jugs of mobil 1 for about $23. I think thats what my inlaw says he puts in his f 150 and what he pays. but that was a couple of months ago so things might have changed. I noticed last time i went to the auto store i spent $70 on oil, filter and wiper blades.

Thanks. It makes me feel better just hearing that..... 8)

I think it is still $27 at my local Walmart (it's where I pick up Mobil 1 for the wife's car)

Actually, I just got a Murray's/O'Reilly Ad today, and they have Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic for 3.99 a quart.

I'm hearing rave reviews, I might even give it a try.....

Plus, there is going to be a 10 buck rebate on mobil 1 in April, I hear.....