For SoCal Members

tmp

There's a 2-page spread in today's Los Angeles Times inviting the public to view the 2007 Escalade on Rodeo Drive this Saturday From 10 am to 6 pm This Saturday, November 12th. 240 North Rodeo Drive (at Dayton Way, 1 block N. of Wilshire Blvd). There's two hour free valet parking at the 2 Rodeo complex, enter the garage from Dayton Way, or two hours free at the parking structure one block away at Beverly between Dayton and Brighton Way. Edited by tmp

I walked over there early this morning. It's really beautiful in person- much better than it photographs and truly light years better than the old one. The one-piece front and rear ends make it look totally seamless. The interior looks great (the car wasn't open, it was sitting on the fake street that runs through the 2 Rodeo complex). Since it was early the storefront on Rodeo that Cadillac has taken over (called "Chrome Couture" and with a red XLR-V in the window wasn't open yet. I may walk over there again this afternoon and take a look.

Anybody else go? I'd like to hear what you all thought of the way they were handling the event. I thought it wasn't handled very well. The white Escalade was sort of plonked there on Via Rodeo with nobody around it and the few staff at the store acted like they were bored to have to be around regular people after having Paris Hilton walk their runway. They might have wiped down the black Escalade in the store. I went back at 2 and the thing was covered in smudged fingerprints.

The XLR-V is droolingly, heartbreakingly, rob-a-bank-to-get-it gorgeous. Edited by tmp

Damn, I went and didn't even notice they had the XLR-v. I agree it was handled very poorly; when I went I didn't even notice their were staff around, until I heard one guy asking someone on the streets if they liked the Slade. Their response: "It looks like the Navigator." This coming from a young guy. I'll post my impressions along with the pictures I took of it in a few...

You were at the white one, right? That's what I mean- there was nothing around the white one at all to tell you that they had rented a freaking store-front down the street- or anything else, for that matter. Not even a pasteboard sign on an easel saying "the 2007 Escalade". Nothing. Just the car, sitting there looking like somebody left it there by mistake. I only noticed the store because that morning I decided to walk down to Wilshire rather than back home via Dayton and saw the storefront. Hello, Cadillac? There are quite a few people here on this board who could have come up with better onsite marketing for you. Certainly they would have shown more enthusiasm for your kick-ass new SUV than the zombies you had there. Hell, my sofa could have done better.

:lol: :lol: Zombies was the word I was thinking of......looked like they had partied too hard the night before. They looked at me like I didn't deserve to be taking pictures of thier precious Escalade. And didn't even ask me if I had any questions. I was at the white one, and I agree completely with what you've said about it looking like someone forgot it. It was parked in a very trafficky area though, and for some reason Rodeo Dr. just seemed a lot busier than usual on a Saturday afternoon [but I guess I've only been there a couple other times on a Saturday, not my ideal place to be].

Rodeo's usually a zoo on Saturday and Sunday. I almost never go there then (that and the fact that there's really nothing on there that I can afford to or want to buy) I only went because of the huge and beatiful ad in the paper. I can't believe how lame the "event" was- last time I checked, a two page spread in the center of the "A" section of The Times wasn't free. This event was a total debacle. It was beyond badly organised.

I got the same attitude in the store; I don't know where these people were from, but this is not how we treat people in Beverly Hills. I've was a buyer for a few years at a BH store before I got my present job- one of the things we always told people working here is that you treat everybody well, greet them, make them feel welcome. Because you never know if the teenager who just wants to try on that 40k fur won't become the next Naomi Watts. Hell, she may just be Naomi Watts. This is not New York- that woman in sweat pants and flip-flops you just dissed could be a studio head on her way home from Yoga class.