Kia releases pair of new Sorento renderings

Intrepidation

Last week's teaser image of the 2010 Kia Sorento was just to whet our appetite, and now new images have surfaced that show big changes are in store for Kia's CUV. The biggest deal is that the Sorento will move from a traditional body-on-frame construction to a unit-body design. The new look is more muscular, following some of the same themes as the sharp looking Forte. In the North American market, the new Sorento will reportedly carry a four cylinder or the snarly 3.8-liter Lambda V6. Attendees of the Seoul Motor Show in April will get to feast their eyes on this version of the Sorento, code-named XM. Sales also begin in April, so Kia's West Point, Georgia manufacturing site is doubtless winding up as we speak.

Autoblog

sorento_xm_1.jpg

sorento_xm_2.jpg

I really like it! Kia has been on a roll with their designs of late.

I agree. The Forte appears to be a sharp looking compact sedan (although the fact that it doesn't have an IRS sort of disappoints me) and this looks to be a nice looking followup (if the actual vehicle looks anything like the renderings). Everyone better start taking Hyundai/Kia seriously as a potential threat because they definitely appear serious about becoming one. The fact the automaker has started to create designs that have caught my attention is an indication that they are stepping up their game, because I'm definitely not a fan of the company's past efforts.

Edited by cire

kia only needs to meet a standard of care. the press and such has not required them to produce 'segment busters' yet.

that said, this isn't bad. lots of design cliches from other models. but overall you won't mind having one.

In five years will all our vehicles be Korean? Toyota ought to be scared.