BMW DesignworksUSA Creates a Unique Computer-Gaming Tower

Intrepidation

level.10.tower.500.jpg

HANNOVER, Germany — Thermaltake, the Taiwanese manufacturer of computer cases and cooling equipment, unveiled its "Level 10" PC case at the annual CeBIT computer exposition here. The Thermaltake Gaming Tower was designed by the Munich studio of BMW's DesignworksUSA.

Instead of utilizing the normal strategy of throwing all the different computer parts into one bulky, rectangular case, BMW dreamt up this idea of using a separate protective case for each component. The design of the Thermaltake Gaming Tower makes the inside components visible to help with cooling and make it look more appealing to the user.

An innovative feature of the concept is its smart locking system, which protects personal data by using a USB memory key that must be inserted to activate the system. Red LED lighting helps with aesthetics and also notifies the owner of the temperature and the amount of memory remaining. Hard-core gamers will be satisfied with the two integrated handles that allow for safe and easy transportation of the tower.

Inside Line says: A cool design — literally — although there's no saying whether it will get past its current prototype form. — Mike Lysaght, Correspondent

InsideLine

I guess it's pretty cool.

Though I've seen cooler towers done oe off by gamers.

(day-glo-clear plastic tubes w/ blacklight built into base & such)

Lights are nothing special. They look cool, but they're hardly unique. My computer case has 6 small bands of LEDs stacked on top of each other. They are blue under normal operation, and Red when the computer's PSU hard power switch is turned off then back on.

I also 2 blue LED fans to light up the interior.