Door Handle Pin Removal

I posted this on a Mopar forum but haven't gotten a response. Maybe someone here knows the trick.

Basically i want to swap out my black plastic door handles for chrome ones. I've wanted to for a while, but never knew how to do it.

I'm told that the pin has to be removed to do this, but don't know how to remove said pin.

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

It would only make sense that the pin is 'hanging' from the top side- did you try and remove that piece from the top & see what's going on there ?

It looks like it's molded/melted plastic. I could try breaking it off. I just don't wan to break teh housing. This particular housing I don't care about, but I want to do it right on my door panels.

Just put the whole thing in from the donor car, don't try to break a melted-on pin. Is the bezel the wrong color for your interior?

The assembly is plastic riveted and they tend to break. On this example you can see where one of the mounts broke off on the lower left side of the first photo. That makes this assembly no good (plus it has plood molded on)

Ah hah! I figured it out. That melted part should have a hole there. As the other 3 handle assemblies I got the other day too. they all require a little drilling, but with a strong grip and a pair of pliers all 4 came out.

I may just put them in tomorrow. :D