turbo200

So...for the record...  

167 members have voted

1. 1. So...for the record...

• Awesome! Dodge, build it!
    • Pretty good retro, but it could be better
    • How about a modern coupe?
    • Ugh, no. Does it come with a mullet?

I know I am late but I have to disagree here. I use to always wish that some one would make a 69 Camaro with all of the modern techonolgy and handling etc. but make it look pretty much like a 69. That way I could have the best of both worlds...old and new and a warranty. So I like the idea what I don't like is making a weak knock off like the mustang. Most love it and I think it is cool but I think if you are going to do it then just go all the way.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's saying the Fiero sucks because that's the public perception because of SOME that blew up. I mean, that wasn't a big problem, ya know. It only BLEW UP! I see where she's coming from, but it's not enough to make me hate Fieros. Especially since they fixed the problem before ending production. She just uneducated on the topic.

New pic of the Challenger......and it's spectacular!!

Damn.....MPH Magazine is coming on strong.  I think I'll be asking for a subscription for X-mas.

Edit

See Daves Post Below - Josh

[post="51311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What happened to the other thread where this was mentioned too??? Now I am confused :huh:

I can't help myself....... to post another coment on the Concept Dodge Challenger.........Year after year begining in and around 1986-1987 and ESPECIALLY 1988 when the body styles of the RWD G bodies started to dissapear in favor of (platform cars i.e. W-bodies and the like) and the homo-genation of platforms/car styling, is when I started to realise that General Motors (more importantly Oldsmobile Division) was in serious trouble as EACH and EVERY division became more and more similar in styling.

In fact, to make this even worse, I found QUALITY of BUILD (Now I am talking about the ENGINEERING of these cars now, absolutely started a downward spiral of everything I once held dear, about owning a GM car.

I currently drive a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL coupe. I own a 1971 Olds 442 W-30 Holiday coupe 4 speed {which I wish someone would show me how to post a picture of it so I could rub-it-in to all the other highly and sharply worded folk like me on this forum, who think Retro is a mistake and a negative way to go / direction / of the US Automotive Industry. I DARE ANYBODY to knock the Styling of my 1971 442 W-30. It is a Masterpiece of American Excellence and I worship the garage floor in which it sits and graces. I am so PROUD to OWN my DREAM CAR! < I WILL be BURIED in this car when I die.

I'm a firm believer that the American Car companys not only couldn't beat the Japanese car markets, in DESIGN but EVEN worse QUALITY of BUILD and ENGINEERING of systems!!!!

MY 1996 Cutlass not only had low mileage when I bought it a couple of years ago, but it was also Garaged and well taken care of by its former owner!

I buy the thing and the air condidtioning no longer holds a charge.......The fuel pump failed and a rather early stage of its life at 70K miles :( A wheel Bearing That IF I WERE TO PURCHASE at a'hemmmm A BUICK DEALER! (now that there are no more Olds dealerships) would have cost me a MIND STAGGERING AND IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPREHEND $485.00 United States Dollars FOR ONE! after failing at 78K miles! The noise it made was so unbearable, I nearly had to see a psychologist because I could no longer hear my radio and had to listen to a high pitch HUMMMMMMMMMMMM at all speeds!!!! except stopped!

And the FINAL STRAW that really caused me to lose my RESPECT FULLY for General Motors and the LACK of QUALITY in this CAR is the fact that the trunk flooded with rain water after a heavy storm and the car parked at a angle which allowed the rain -water to flood the rear trunk mat and the JUTE behind the rear seat!

AFTER mold had formed (Stinking my Cutlass up like a nasty rotting pile of garbage) I traced the leak to the right rear quarter glass CAULKING which was not run up HIGH ENOUGH to Bloody Seal off the rear quarter window from the elements. SUPID ASS GM assembly line wokers! GM you are IDIOTS for Not finding this Factory FLAW!

The car was never Hit, (so anyone thinking the caulking of the rear quarter glass was a POOR JOB of the person who replaced that quarter window at some time in this cars life) is totally WRONG! The rear quarter window was NOT PROPERLY SEALED by the INCOMPETENCE of the MORON at the General Motors ASS-embly Plant in Kansas or where Ever they built this Oldsmo-PILE !

And the SECOND from LAST STRAW over this CUTLASS SUPREME SL coupe is the 3.1L V6 < NO DOUBT a Failed engine DESIGN out of CHEVROLET POWERTRAIN and the DEATH COOL ANTI-FREEZE it came equipped with from the damn factory, the INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET is now leaking coolant, (during the warm up cycle) and leaves a puddle of coolant the size of a dollar bill, in the driveway that I now must FIX with my hard earned NON-UAW working dollars I make at a Murrays Auto-Parts store !

WHAT A JOKE if GM think for ONE BLOODY SECOND I feel sorry for those Bucket -head engineers who not only Congered up such a STUPID CAR in EVERY ASPECT from not only a lack-luster DESIGN but to the assanine Problems I have had to now deal with as this car gets older and the milage starts accumulating.......(I'll bet a guy who own at Toyota or a HONDA!!!! doesn't have to worry if his car is leaking coolant or a rear window that leaks or a electrical problem that I now have!!!!

Latest Problem following the intake leak is after a new AC DELCO Battery 1 year ago, and a Impossible to remove alternator and a replacement re-build, The car with the headlights on and windshield wipers on is now showing signs of not enough VOLTAGE to run accessories such as rear defrosters ! When I am running at night with the headlights on and my turn blinkers on, the headlight FLASH with the turn signals !

My Cutlass Supreme is a rolling embarrassement of not only Boring Design but a General Motors LEMON. MADE and ENGINEERED BY incompitent People in this county building cars!!!! YES the American Automootive Industry is in Caos!!!! :blink:

Back to the new Challenger I haven't heard one negative thing about Daimler Chrysler power plants........I know the new Mustang and its Modular V8 engine built just 10 minutes from my house in Romeo, Michigan is a proven powerplant that has NO KNOWN ISSUES like the GM 60 degree V6's with this STUPID ANTIFREEZE of DEATH -COOL that contributed to my leaking Intake gasket, and a sludge now forming in my coolant recover tank, looks like mud!!!!

But As I sit here looking over my shoulder at my growing Promotional Model Collection of GTO's, Cadillac Eldorados, Olds 442's and Pontiac Firebirds to my 1965 Ford Mustang and how absolutely COOL those cars once looked, That I hope and PRAY DODGE follows Doug Schrams chops (www.creatingthelie.com) and Builds the new Challenger, as I continue to SULK at my LOSS of the Oldsmobile Division, which I still Mourn :( and my disgust of the money I have been pouring in my Cutlass to keep it road worthy.

May the new Dodge Challenger come to fuition. May it be the first of many AMERICAN CARS to go retro in their designs! May it be the Turn-around the AMERICAN CAR COMPANIES need. May the ENGINEERS WHO DESIGN ITS SYSTEMS from POWER TRAIN to things like the Caulking and SEALING of this cars WINDOWS!!!!!! Improve the quality to Japanese car makers STANDARDS!!!! :blush: I hope the new Challenger has the high quality we EXPECT from an American car company, as we once did in the past!

AS I said before GM owes us ALL a GREAT BIG APOLOGY for the past 15 years of building boring, POOR BUILT and ENGINEERED cars and Trucks that us Americans have had to put up with.

GM's DESIGN have been stoggy since 1988. Quality has been going down hill for years and years and it seems like it is getting worse with age.

I can't wait for the Detroit autoshow next month. I will take many pictures of the Concept Challenger with my (hopefully) new Digital camera and as I walk past the stoggy designs at GM I will check out the CONCET CARS and pray that what I see will be built one day. And that Pride of Craftmanship will once again infuence American Car Design, and CAR QUALITY!

May God Bless America, my Beloved Country!

--Bens71442 owner of the Greatest American Muscle Car a 1971 442 W-30! Edited by Bens71442

We didn't know it had leaked and are trying to contain it. But if you pick up this months issue (it just came out) you get a very nice shot of Carmella DeCesare, playmate of the year 2004 and Jeff garcia's girlfriend.
Oh and the new Ford GTX1, our top ten cars of the year etc.

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/bettys/0012

[post="51734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

mphmag,

Not to be off topic, but I like your magazine! HOWEVER.....I'm wondering when you'll do a version for us GUYS......that.....uh.....DON'T like girls....?

Get my drift? :P

I know there's others on here that would "agree" with me......

I like how your mag plots a different course with your articles and design that obviously differ from the "Big 4" buff mags....

......it's just those icky girls you slather all over the pages.....

:o

O.C. Sounds like you may have a winning formula for a new magazine! And there are quite a few websites out there that come from that point of view and do a great job. However, MPH is for the guys that like the icky girls. And really we have the backseat betty and a few other girls scattered around here and there. it's not like they're everywhere...ok they are everywhere sorry.

O.C.
Sounds like you may have a winning formula for a new magazine! And there are quite a few websites out there that come from that point of view and do a great job. However, MPH is for the guys that like the icky girls. And really we have the backseat betty and a few other girls scattered around here and there. it's not like they're everywhere...ok they are everywhere sorry.

[post="54253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Awwww.....I was just givin' you sh_t......

Hey.....do you guys need anyone on your staff from Southern California...?

B)