turbo200

So...for the record...  

167 members have voted

1. 1. So...for the record...

• Awesome! Dodge, build it!
    • Pretty good retro, but it could be better
    • How about a modern coupe?
    • Ugh, no. Does it come with a mullet?

Well its beautiful. Just wondering why they didnt do this with the Charger. For the older crowd its like reuniting them with an old friend. I would buy one if I had the money and yes it would help if it had modern gadgets like GPS Nav. and others. Plus its a wonderful way for the younger gen. to experience what America was really about and should be about.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, not too shabby, I would have to see it in person...but it deffinately takes the cake over the Charger in my book. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too soon, remember that Charger concept that looked pretty slick from a few years ago...now think about the car that wears the Charger badge? About the only similarity between them is 4 doors, 4 wheels, and a Charger badge. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these out on the road, but there is something about the front that I am not totally sold on, someone a few pages back made the comment that the front looked a bit too small for the rest of the car, and I think I would have to agree. However, if I were given the choice of one of these and a new 'stang, I would probobly go more for the stang. I don't know what it is but there is something about this that just doesn't quite push the envelope for me. I know it looks just like the old car (which I love BTW) but maybe I just need to see some more angles of this beast. C'mon GM lets see that concept that we are all waiting for...just make sure it rocks our faces off. ;) // c0ld_phuz10n

well gee, what else have we going on ? Is the Caddy A&S thing really all that ? From what little of the sportscar topic I managed to get Id say that XLR was lookin kinda tame, possibly lame. Also thought the Sky was lookin kind of unfinished. I think for one that they are showing some Cuda there by tameing the side cut some. I think they lambed out on the front treatment. It should be cut, leaned out and sharpened, rear quarter swell is exc. as well Lot of potential infront of this car.

To the post on main page: No, the Challenger didn't only have this body in 1971, it lasted from 1970-1974. Also, no this car is not meant for the trendy, fickle, here today/gone tomorrow, FWD 'teen' coupe market. Kids don't like 'retro', but many cars that are "original" and "futuristic" end up in the out of style junk yard, like the Probe, Geo Storm, and Celica. There will never be a restoration market for any of the above trendy toys. With original Hemi Cudas and Challengers going for near $500K, what do you think a car company should try to selll? Edited by Chicagoland

Also, no this car is not meant for the trendy, fickle, here today/gone tomorrow,  FWD 'teen' coupe market.

Kids don't like 'retro', but many cars that are "original" and "futuristic" end up in the out of style junk yard, like the Probe, Geo Storm, and Celica.

There will never be a restoration market for any of the above trendy toys. With original Hemi Cudas and Challengers going for near $500K, what do you think a car company should try to selll?

[post="47305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Amen.

To the post on main page: No, the Challenger didn't only have this body in 1971, it lasted from 1970-1974.

Also, no this car is not meant for the trendy, fickle, here today/gone tomorrow,  FWD 'teen' coupe market.

Kids don't like 'retro', but many cars that are "original" and "futuristic" end up in the out of style junk yard, like the Probe, Geo Storm, and Celica.

There will never be a restoration market for any of the above trendy toys. With original Hemi Cudas and Challengers going for near $500K, what do you think a car company should try to selll?

[post="47305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If there exists nostalgia for 80's Monte Carlo SS's and Bustleback Sevilles, how do you know current teens won't want to rebuild a Celica when they reach their 40's?

As a matter of curiosity, does anyone know if the 2005 Mustang has impacted the selling price of vintage models?

I don't care if some people don't like "retro".
Makes no difference to me at all.
But let me tell you that when I first saw the HHR after the PT cruiser, I hated it.
But now after the colors and the setting have changed, if I were shopping, the HHR would be at the top of my list.
It's not the "retro", it's the style and the blending of lines.
I got say it, so many cars go out of their way to not offend, they just do nothing for me.
But if GM has any balls left, they will build a 69 Camaro and then to prve they have any level of testoterone, it is time for a 57 Chevy Nomad clone.
I don't care what any of you say, I do want a car with tailfins, chrome and jet fighter exhausts. George Jetson had one and the future is now.

[post="47017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This is the best summery I have seen so far. It is nuts to condemn every "retro' design as trash. As in all designs, each needs to be assessed on its own merits. Sure, the Solstice is a VERY retro design (an almost generic sports car look, if not Pontiac specific) , as is the HHR. The Sky is not (in my opinion). Doesn't make any one better than another. As all things visual, it is in the eye of the beholder. And if you don't like the Challenger, it doesn't mean it is bad, or that you are nuts (just in my opinion). Edited by heintz

cold phuz: Love that sig! :)

Thanks, I saw that and knew that it had to be my sig. Maddox is the man, but I still dont see how the element ranked lower on the Gary Busey scale of ugliness. // c0ld_phuz10n

Guest YellowJacket894
Okay my final thought: The Challenger is a nice car that is actaully no more retro than the Mustang. My only real gripe is the nose: it looks like an authentic study hall design. The front needs a little more presence; not on the scale of the Ram, but something a little more in your face. It seems today that a big grille is the equivalent of a -ahem!- big, let's say, "unit." It seems the bigger the better, the bigger the more of a message you get across, the bigger - well you get the idea. (Ah, advertising through design. Or so one would say.) Dodge always says that it's concepts bound for the production trail are a "87 percent" accurate view of what's to come. My advice is to redo the grille and sell it.

OK, how about another way to look at retro and come up optimistic.

So we go retro, then what? that design will have to evolve. Now, where is that going to lead us ? Perhaps yet another era of wonderful automotive styling.

Either way the tubular design of the 90's is gone and we should be pleased.
[remember my newest car is a classic tube  :AH-HA_wink: ]

[post="46328"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Love the Lancia - classic car. :P

You can tell a good design when it polarizes people. If people are strongly divided on a vehicle's design, then you have a great design. Seems Dodge has a winner here. Alot of you talk about retro as if it's a bad thing. All I can say is I'm glad you aren't running any company that I'd own. The only thing that matters is what the general public wants. If the public didn't want retro, there wouldn't be and "retro" designs. The PT Cruiser is still selling at numbers that defy sales curves. So is the Mini. Retro is just like any other design. If it's done well, and there is something behind the looks that make it worthwhile, it's going to continue to do well. If there isn't, then regardless as to it's design, it's going to taper off. Thunderbird never got any serious juice (despite many concepts that did) and the Beetle doesn't have the utility of a Focus. As far as the gripe about not being able to "restyle" a retro design, I suppose you think we simply leapfroged into modern design. There is always ways to create a new design. Shapes, character lines, changes in grilles and lighting designs. To say a "retro" design can't be restyled (while asserting a modern one can) is pretty narrow minded. The average age of Camaro buyers was around 42. Ditto Mustang GT buyers. Mustang Cobra buyers were near 50. If Challenger is going to aim itself at "muscle car-like" performance, this is the age group that has the money and the low insurance rates to buy thes cars. These cars are not aimed at young drivers (I'm talking new...off the showroom floor). The design is influenced by this. That's why the new Mustang is a much bigger hit than Ford expected... people get paid to study this stuff. As for my own view of the new Challenger (expect it in 2007 as a 2008 model), I really like it overall. I'm not fond of the quad headlights, but I think the rear design is fantastic. I think the "C" pillars are a bit too thick, but the "SRT" rims fill the wheelwells very nicely. I like the Mustang & GTO's greenhouse better, but overall I think Dodge has a hit.

All right!! To ALL YOU AIR HEADS who think this concept is too retro.....Heres my take on this concept Dodge Challenger.....!!

I say BUILD IT!!!!!!! make it look closer to the concept rendering/drawings........but "Bloody BUILD IT" :metal: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING coming out of GM and Ford (save for the 2005 Ford Mustang) and Daimler Chrysler, {Especially the UGLY 4 door Charger} Has been the biggest Dissapointment in the HISTORY of U.S. Passenger car Production. And I mean Everything from Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac too Ford Fusion, Montero, too Dodge Charger and whatever else those BUCKET heads are congering up in their design studios.

Year after year after year, I regret going to the Detroit Autoshow, to see some of the concept cars....only to find out later thats ALL they will Ever BE...{Concept cars}

The latest in the FAILED Products out of GM are that New Chevrolet, thats a pseudo PT Cruiser 'ahem'......about 5 years Too late!!!! SO STUPID looking in fact, that I really don't care what its name is......to that Disgusting front and rear end design of the Pontiac Grand Prix...........to the dissapointment of the EYE-SORE of the Cadillac CTS... To the DODGE NEON tail lamps on the new Buick Lacross.......I can go on and ON!!!!!!

General MOTORS has been BUILDING GARBAGE CARS for the past 15 + years and Its finally bitting them in their hineys $$ where they can fully apprciate their failures in their BOTCHED designs....especially aftter what Happened to my once Beloved OLDSMOBILE. May Olds rest-in-piece........ and for you GM shumucks who ruined Oldsmobiles designs I will NEVER forgive YOU! :P OR buy another (new) GM car again. ESPECIALLY after the design and engineering issues I have with a particular new Model Oldsmobile.

The New GTO is the most "anti-male" grocery getter, I have EVER seen and an embarrasement to everyting the GTO once proudly stood for....!!! I'll bet John Delorean is STILL rolling over in his grave, at the first look of the 2004 Pontiac GTO :huh: .......... IN fact, I went to JD's funeral this past March, in Royal Oak, Michigan when he died........... and I really think that John Delorean died a premature death, when he realised that GM was to badge that e'ffeminite looking Australian built gastly eyesore of a shyt car, when he found out it was going to be wearing a GTO Badge :huh: "Forgive them John Delorean....... for They No NOT what they DO!"

Enough of all the negative press of this Challenger Concept....!!!! MAY this New Challenger concept WAKE UP all the AMATURES out there working at General Motors and the people who F'd up the Dodge Charger into FINALLY DESIGNING Vehicles, that the AMERICAN CAR ENTHSIAST will finally Appreciate.......Another Words we are SICK and Tired of Everything you've come up with (save for the new Mustang) SOme of US do NOT want a bloody SUV, so keep your Hummers, Yuck-Ons, Escalades :blink: and you gas Guzzling Dodge RAM's and GIVE us a respectable Muscle car!

I can finally say that I actually am EXCITED to go to this years Detroit auto show in a Month and a week from now.....to see that Dodge Challenger Concept car... I only PRAY that THIS TIME, there will be a questioneer at the Dodge exhibit that I can Fill Out........so we can Thank the human beings at Dodge Design Studios.... at such a Gallant Effort of "bringing back from the dead, so to speak" of this Great DESIGN in this Challenger Concept, of the 1971 Challenger!!!! YAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DODGE!!!!!!!! IF only some at GM what have done something like this for Olds...theys still be in business

Whew....I had to get that off my chest and it felt damn good doing SO!

Nope I will NEVER forgive what GM did to my once beloved Oldsmobile!!!!!!!

--Ben :metal:

1971 Olds 442 W-30
1996 Cutlass Supreme "POS"
1978 Olds Toronado Edited by Bens71442

So Ben, what do you think of the new Challenger?  Nice, huh?

[post="48715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this Dodge Challenger Concept. Words cannot express how I feel for and ABOUT this design. To all the negative press about the new CHallenger I say crawl back into your caves and design toilet bowls all of you!

I agree with a few of the posts on this very hot topic of the Dodge Challenger Concept..........the front end could use some tweaking to more resemble the drawings of Doug Schram "Creating the Lie"

IF this Challenger come to fuishon (which I hope to GOD it does!) I hope that it puts GM out of BUSINESS out of sheer REVENGE for what they did to my Beloved Division of Oldsmobile, and the DISS HONOR of the MOST DISGUSTING Pontiac in memory the 2004 Pontiac GTO....as I vomit at the sheer thought of that FAILED design!

In fact when I first learned of Doug Schrams work, and seen for the first time earlier this year of his chop of the new Charger platform, into his drawings of his CONCEPT CHOP of the Dodge Challenger.........I made it a point to contact him personally................. to thank him............... for his skillfull and talented imagination and "BEGGED" him to bloody send in his RESUME to the likes at Daimler Chrysler.....and Hope that they HIRE HIM with a NO LESS than a six-FIGURE "bloody" "bloomin Salary" !!!!

I would hope that Doug Schram, PERSONALLY work with the engineers at Daimler Chrysler and the DODGE Design Staff, to make that car come to FUITION!!!!!!

I then hope, that after this car is built and marketed, "THAT SOMEHOW" Doug can Purchase the Marketing Rights to the now DE-Funct OLDSMOBILE DIVISION of General Motors, and DO A Similar Theme on a CONCEPT 1971 442 W-30!!!!!!!!!!

To that WHICH, I would not run, but use any means possible TO RACE to the new Oldsmobile Division, with PRESIDENT DOUG SCHRAM at the Helm, and Buy CASH$$$$$$ every color and option available on a 2006 or 2007 Oldsmobile 442 W-30!!!

Yes I'am damn passionate human being who is been absolutely DISGUSTED with EVERYTHING General Motors. THAT COMPANY owes all of us a HUGE apology for their F'd -UP cars and trucks they've been makeing for the past 15 + or so years. Beginning in 1988 to be exact. When they RUINED the Cutlass Supreme and made it FWD!!!!! :angry:

DOUG SHRAM is a Bloody Genious!!! And has the Spirit of John Delorean is in his Heart, mind and intellect!!! I will never forget his Dodge Challenger design which HE created.

If you read this post Doug.........may GOD contnue to bless your TALENTS my friend! YOU are the FUTURE of saveing the American Automotive Industry...keep up the great work...you Genious You :)

--Ben
1971 442 W-30 Holiday coupe 4 speed!

Well Bens71442 you said it better than i could ever had, way to go!!!!! for me i will never forgive GM for KILLING THE F CARS, i too will be putting my money on the new chanllenger if it's anything like the pics. If you are going to Detroit show i would sure appreciate your take on the challenger in the flesh. Again you put up 2 great posts keep up the good work. To the people that don't like the new challenger keep driving your new H3 or Cobalt or whatever plain design from GM you choose, i will waive as i go by in my Challenger :lol:

As much as GM si driving me nuts with these crappy products and even worse names: G6, DTS, Lucerne CSX I'm not ready to sell out to Chrysler for my Muscle car needs. I'm more likely to buy a Charger SRT if the '96 Impala SS or something like it is not resurected but screw buying a Challenger when a Camaro is just aroundthe corner.

As much as GM si driving me nuts with these crappy products and even worse names: G6, DTS, Lucerne CSX I'm not ready to sell out to Chrysler for my Muscle car needs. I'm more likely to buy a Charger SRT if the '96 Impala SS or something like it is not resurected but screw buying a Challenger when a Camaro is just aroundthe corner.

[post="49643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Where is the pics of the new Camaro? i know i know be patient, well you know what i am sick and tired of waiting, even if the camaro comes back in 2007 (very very slim chances) it will not have the kind of power to compete with the challenger 425hp at least, just like the solstice the first year will be so so, my lease will be up in 14 months and i am pretty sure i can get a challenger by then.

...even if the camaro comes back in 2007 (very very slim chances) it will not have the kind of power to compete with the challenger 425hp at least...

[post="49657"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought the Challenger is (if at all, best case scenario) coming in CY 2008 as a 2009.

And how can you insist that the Camaro can not surpass 425HP ion it's top of the line engine? Ever heard of the LS7? Take away some of the exotic matterials and detune it slightly and BINGO, COPO/ZL1/SS427 engine right there.

if the Challenger doesn't get here till CY 2008 then the Camaro will not show up for at least 2 years after that, IMO the Challenger will be here in CY 2006 as a 2007. As far as engine goes i fully realize that GM could easily put 425hp under the hood, i am just saying they won't, for at least 1 or 2 years, i mean why would they? IF they come back with a decent Camaro they will practicly fly out of the showrooms, they might as well wait and start another standpede with the new higher engine when the sales slow down. And let's remember that NOBODY has seen the new mistery Camaro, no pics no specs no nothing. Edited by FRANKENSTEIN

I thought the Challenger is (if at all, best case scenario) coming in CY 2008 as a 2009.

And how can you insist that the Camaro can not surpass 425HP ion it's top of the line engine? Ever heard of the LS7? Take away some of the exotic matterials and detune it slightly and BINGO, COPO/ZL1/SS427 engine right there.

[post="49744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even without the LS7! Put a 395 HP LS2 in the Camaro and I bet it'll kick the crap outta the Challenger even in straight-line. Chevy has a way with putting power to the ground.

Take the C6 for example. 110 less HP than the Viper, but almost beats it in 0-60 (about .3-4ish seconds). Chevy will pull it off with the Camaro too.

But, yeah, throw in the LS7 for a ZL1! More power to ya!

if the Challenger doesn't get here till CY 2008 then the Camaro will not show up for at least 2 years after that, IMO the Challenger will be here in CY 2006 as a 2007.

And let's remember that NOBODY has seen the new mistery Camaro, no pics no specs no nothing.

[post="49749"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How do you know the Camaro won't show up until 2 years after the Challenger? Do GM and Chrysler have some sort of agreement that it has to be that way? Last I heard the Camaro production model was scheduled to be released in early '08 as an '09 model.

As for no one seeing one? Well, if these spy pics didn't get out, no one would have ever seen the Challenger until NAIAS 2006 either.

How do you know the Camaro won't show up until 2 years after the Challenger? Do GM and Chrysler have some sort of agreement that it has to be that way? Last I heard the Camaro production model was scheduled to be released in early '08 as an '09 model.

As for no one seeing one? Well, if these spy pics didn't get out, no one would have ever seen the Challenger until NAIAS 2006 either.

[post="49804"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Chrysler released the drawing. I guess the person with the spy pics waited till the drawing was released.

No pics no car it's that simple, as we speak we don't even know IF GM will built it, NO ONE from GM has come out and said for sure NO ONE, end of story

[post="50068"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't hold strong opinions about subjects you are not very familiar with. You have 5 posts on this forum, stop before you insist that you've got the 411 on the Camaro and read some of the other threads on here... the Camaro is coming. It WILL be here... if you only read between the lines you'll see that.

NOS makes a great point as well, Dodge/Chrysler cars tend to be heavy and the HEMI, as awsome as it is, is no lightweight either.

I'd rahter have a smller, more compact engine and loose 30 HP given the choice. :)

NOS makes a great point as well, Dodge/Chrysler cars tend to be heavy and the HEMI, as awsome as it is, is no lightweight either.

I'd rahter have a smller, more compact engine and loose 30 HP given the choice. :)

[post="50073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The HEMI actually is a lightweight. It weighs 485 lbs. according to Allpar.com.............and according to a guy on GMInsidenews.com, the LS2 weights "a little less than 500 lbs."

Don't hold strong opinions about subjects you are not very familiar with. You have 5 posts on this forum, stop before you insist that you've got the 411 on the Camaro and read some of the other threads on here... the Camaro is coming. It WILL be here... if you only read between the lines you'll see that.

[post="50073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I may have 5 posts on this forum does that mean i haven't been reading what has been posted? maybe i don't want to just post for the hell of it.
just to put it in perspective for you i am 45 i have own 5 f cars, 3 of them brand new, my first car was a CAMARO, i have never owned a Dodge.
My uncle was one of higher up at the STE-therese plant, he is now working on future projets at GM, maybe i know i little bit more than what you are giving credit for?
maybe.
have a nice day sir.

IF this Challenger come to fuishon (which I hope to GOD it does!) I hope that it puts GM out of BUSINESS out of sheer REVENGE for what they did to my Beloved Division of Oldsmobile, and the DISS HONOR of the MOST DISGUSTING Pontiac in memory the 2004 Pontiac GTO....as I vomit at the sheer thought of that FAILED design!

First off... Wow, you'revery much strongly opinionated. A good thing. :)

Anyways, how you feel about GM for killing Olds is how I'll feel about it if Pontiac is ever killed... Which, I still fear is going to happen. That and I do agree that the GTO was alot blander than I could have ever imagined. However, you must realize that the original GTO was nothing more than an ordinary Tempest. It was nothing special, design wise. In most ways, the new GTO is just a modern approach to that. You probably wanted a retro design... huh? :P

Still, atleast it is RWD and has a 400hp LS2 V8. Just be glad that it isn't FWD with a supercharged 3800... and just think of the bastard vehicles that are the Montana SV6, Torrent, and Vibe. :lol: :D

There is a massive difference among heritage influences (Ventiports, vertical taillamps), retro styling traits (Thunderbird, HHr), and mindlessly cribbing something straight from the past without significantly changing anything, which is what this thing is.

[post="46104"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This can't be considered retro, more like a reproduction kinda like the GT40. Edited by -Camaro-

WTF??? The photos appeared in AutoWeek like 8 days ago. Feb. cover? OF WHAT?

I may have 5 posts on this forum does that mean i haven't been reading what has been posted? maybe i don't want to just post for the hell of it.
just to put it in perspective for you i am 45 i have own 5 f cars, 3 of them brand new, my first car was a CAMARO, i have never owned a Dodge.
My uncle was one of higher up at the STE-therese plant, he is now working on future projets at GM, maybe i know i little bit more than what you are giving credit for?
maybe.
have a nice day sir.

[post="50290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Time will tell I guess. If however you're right and GM is pulling our leg about the Camaro three wil be some really nasty backlash from all this B.S. reporting by the media of a 5th gen. Camaro concept.

Time will tell. Edited by Sixty8panther

We didn't know it had leaked and are trying to contain it. But if you pick up this months issue (it just came out) you get a very nice shot of Carmella DeCesare, playmate of the year 2004 and Jeff garcia's girlfriend.
Oh and the new Ford GTX1, our top ten cars of the year etc.

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/bettys/0012 Edited by mphmag

We didn't know it had leaked and are trying to contain it. But if you pick up this months issue (it just came out) you get a very nice shot of Carmella DeCesare, playmate of the year 2004 and Jeff garcia's girlfriend.
Oh and the new Ford GTX1, our top ten cars of the year etc.

http://www.mph-online.com/mag/bettys/0012

[post="51734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But I thought Jeff Garcia was g..... :huh:

:lol:

Oh, never mind! I'm from Detroit and hope he can help the Lions win a few games. But I guess they should just try to lose now, so they can get a better draft pick.

WTF would you be embarassed to say your first car was a Fiero? That's about as cool as a middle class teenager's first car gets! I mean a POS car I'd be embarassed would be a '74 Honda CVCC or a '82 Dodge Aries... why the hell is a Poor Man's M.E. Ferrari an embarasement? Shows how effectively the media has brainwashed the public so that anything American is now un-hip. <_<

WTF would you be embarassed to say your first car was a Fiero? That's about as cool as a middle class teenager's first car gets!

Depends on when they had it, I guess..in the '80s when I was in high school there was one kid with a Fiero, but no one thought it was as cool as all the 5.0 Mustangs, Camaro IROCs, Firebird GTAs, or the one Buick Grand National in my school... :)

Depends on when they had it, I guess..in the '80s when I was in high school there was one kid with a Fiero, but no one thought it was as cool as all the 5.0 Mustangs, Camaro IROCs, Firebird GTAs, or the one Buick Grand National in my school... :)

[post="51910"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not everyone gets to grow up in that neighborhood.

hey sixty8 my second on the road car was a 75 CVCC, not my choise, I wanted a real cool Volvo but was talked out of it by feminazi step be-ach "because there was no way it could get even 10 mpg" I thought the Honda was great except for that two speed manually shifted auto, but then it showed its true value as a divine POS. Yep, no hondas in my future - ever ! I will say however before it showed its mechanically impaired side it was great driving home on snowy winter nights passing all those old BOF RWD'ers either putting their tire chains on or waiting for the sanders. :P

Now a 64 Series III Alpine is a excelent first car. To bad it took me 5 years to get it done and on the road :rolleyes:

Anyhow - this Challenger Rocks, this is a car that could get me back into a "Chrysler", compared to that 300 meets Kenworth mongreloid and somewhat strange Cadillac offerings this is like a breath of fresh air.