Congrats to Tony Stewart

avant1963

Just wanted to throw a little tid bit on the 2005 Nextel Cup winner Tony Stewart. While yesterday’s race was not a stellar one for Smoke, he did what he had to do to win it all, and with a much better attitude than 2002. Chevy also won the NASCAR manufacturers title in 2005. The “boo” of the day goes to Dodge. Some Dodge teams actually brought the 2004 Intrepid bodies with them for the Homestead race since the flying brick-suckerfish of a Charger just wasn’t getting it done. And imagine if it was real stock car racing and you had to use the Charger’s actual silhouette?

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...d.ap/index.html

(And yes, if it was real "stock" car racing I'd rather have a RWD to go around the track other than a FWD MCSS or Fusion. I'm just making a note that the 2006 Dodge Charger is, from a 200MPH wind tunnel perspective, not the slickest piece of metal.)

[quote name='avant1963' date='Nov 21 2005, 05:05 AM']
Just wanted to throw a little tid bit on the 2005 Nextel Cup winner Tony Stewart. While yesterday’s race was not a stellar one for Smoke, he did what he had to do to win it all, and with a much better attitude than 2002. Chevy also won the NASCAR manufacturers title in 2005. The “boo” of the day goes to Dodge. Some Dodge teams actually brought the 2004 Intrepid bodies with them for the Homestead race since the flying brick-suckerfish of a Charger just wasn’t getting it done. And imagine if it was real stock car racing and you had to use the Charger’s actual silhouette?

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...d.ap/index.html

(And yes, if it was real "stock" car racing I'd rather have a RWD to go around the track other than a FWD MCSS or Fusion. I'm just making a note that the 2006 Dodge Charger is, from a 200MPH wind tunnel perspective, not the slickest piece of metal.)

Man, Nascar was way better when the bodies were not silhouettes.

Even though I hate Tony... he deserved it and earned it. Ofcourse... I'm a Jeff Gordon fan, so this season hasn't given me much to be happy about. Atleast he won 4 races and finished the highest he could in points. If it wasn't for the stupid Chase... I'm sure he could have easily gotten 7th or 8th. Anyways, NASCAR is retarded. I like to watch it and have driver I root for (and well... put in the same vein as Pontiac... so... ). But between the Chase, the contast rule changes and retarded limitations, it being nothing near stock, the ridiculous advertising and sponsers, and just how it is so... stupid. I hate it and it gets worse and worse each year. Ever since the manufacturers changed to FWD. Yes, I'm actually complaining about that for once...

I'm just making a note that the 2006 Dodge Charger is, from a 200MPH wind tunnel perspective, not the slickest piece of metal.)

[post="45982"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If any of those cars were actually "stock", not a single one of them would come anywhere close to 200MPH... what is your point?

NA$CAR is rediculous.

That would be awesome to see some stock-bodied cars there, but of course NASCAR is too dense and drunk on all the money it's making to actually make any rules that would make the race more interesting for the fans, besides neutering the cars with restrictor plates and risking the drivers lifes in giant crashes they cause.

[post="46047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow...we think completely alike!! I agree with everything you just said.