When a car is molested

LosAngeles

There's just no words.... I remember in my Integra days, when the stock wheels were all stolen and the car was left on bricks. Or when it was broken into downtown to steal some BS beat-up leather jacket (and a few of my mixtapes, which really hurt). Then after 4 years, when the car itself was stolen (with my backpack inside of it, which had my favorite sketchbook and a notebook full of ideas)...the two times that sandwiched the break-in had me angry that I couldn't hear a thing. Can't forget how the Pontiac was busted into for a crappy aftermarket stereo. I didn't care about the stereo, but did they have to tear my dash panel up? That's a rare $275 piece there. Aint' like it was a Chevy Malibu or Olds Cutlass, both of which were fairly common. There was a time I would much rather the whole car was stolen, because I at least had the Supra for backup back then (bought on insurance pay from the stolen leased Integra)... The Pontiac and my dad's van have also had windows broken out of them, but nothing obvious taken. Might I add when the Pontiac was broken into in order for some bastard to knick a cheap $40 boom box that was broken all kinds of ways, yet was still worth something to whoever did it? Then there's my mother's Accord. My little brother takes it out for one of his beach skating runs, and comes back with it with all four center caps gone from the stock wheels. And then there's overnight (which is why I'm up writing this)..... The stereo is now stolen from it. People still do that in damn-near 2006? And there's a rock-sized hole through a driver's side window held together by the cheap tint that was on it. One of those instances where the car itself may as well have been stolen. And again, no one heard anything. Might make for a great post thread, but it sure wasn't one I wanted to start.

Wow dude, I'm sorry. That's a bummer.

Now that you mention it this kid Lai who works at Autozone with Ross has a thing for D/N/I and has a daily driver 1988 NIssan 240sx. Beat up, gray metallic faded paint, rotted floors and as of Friday night: STOLEN!

The car is a beater and looks the part. He's not even all that pissed about the car, the poor thing was on its way to becoming a parts car soon but it's the principle of the thing. He drove around in his 200sx looking for it. The cops told him if he found the scumbags that he could give them a good smackdown and as long as he keeps it to a good clean beating they'll look the other way.

So if anyone anywhere sees a 1988 super-faded-gray Nissan 240sx hatchback wiht mas plates and grimy stock wheels please let me know. Basically this car with 200,000 miles.

Posted Image

Thats sad LA, that crap would make me way more over the edge than I am now. Part of the reason for many of my misunderstood and thought to be strange views on things. Anyhow I have had my equipement messed with even here up in the woods. Skidder - Started and taken, left 5 miles away. Log loader site truck -Started drivin around, abused then brought back. Skidder - One time started put in gear and left to run itself to death. There was a pile of rubber behind the tire I could sift my hands through like sand. The front end road up a tree so the front tires were off the ground but a small tree was against the inside side wall and burnt it down to the belts. The engine had coolant in the oil. Thousands of dollars and thousand of destroyed overstressed braincells later I was back to work, a changed man. I've ripped people a new sphinkter for just driving by and looking at me, chased them down and asked them just what the hell they were up to. No kiddin. Loader truck - bow hunter was convinced I cut down his tree, stole his tree stand and smashed the gauges out of my truck. I found out through the state DEC who cut the tree and took the tree stand, it was them, tree stands can not be left overnight on stateland, I asked them if they ever considered for a second that I would bare the blunt of their stupid, stupid action. they didnt care. They were college grads BTW ! Skidder- city hunters got stuck in early snow, with stupid car down big hill, decided to remove my ignition and hot wire my machine, couldnt figure out how to do it and chucked the ignition away in the snow. I caught them, it turned into a big brawl, of which I did not loose but they still werent men enough to admit to it and tell me where they threw my ignition. There were foot prints all over in the snow and they led directly to them no more than 100 yards away. Fear is the only detourant ! Tools taken from my truck while I was of in the woods working. No its not a greenpeace thing either. Its punk assed white kids, hunters, possibly competeing loggers, and grown men.

People sometimes really suck. I never keep anything worth grabbing in my vehicles, whether a package or a jacket, and I would never get an aftermarket stereo or even wheels because of the theft potential. My Prelude was stolen once when I was in Sacramento. I forgot to bring the Club with me, not that it would have made a difference. After a couple of weeks of it missing, I was about to get an insurance payout, but then it was found in Fairfield full of stolen merchandise. It had new scratches, speakers missing, busted antenna, holes poked in the interior, and glass everywhere. The sunroof deflector used to buzz at 75 mph, and that was gone too. At that point my nice car--now violated--instantly became my beater, and I had to go buy a new car, so that's why I got my IS300.

Also forgot to tell everyone.... Vandalism brought me to finally give up on the Pontiac last week.... Some local punk kids (mind you, folks, this isn't some scumbag neighborhood...people make pretty good dough up here, but doesn't mean their children are angels) were taking target practice at it and cracked the windshield. It has to be kids...no one over 19 who doesn't know me from a can of paint has interest in doing stuff like that. I was already teetering between selling and getting back to work on it, but the latter couldn't be immediately started on, and I didn't want whoever thinks that sort of thing is okay to finish the poor thing off, so I sold it to an old man who packs a lot of A-bodies in his yard. This means, at the very least, I know where it is, plus it's safer there.

the worst that's happened to me was when somebody keyed the word "fu(k" into the driver's side door on my '80 Monza.

[post="46525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I definitely would never want to suffer a keying...I'd rather not have the car than look at something scratched into its paint.

My best friend just bought a brand new Mustang, and about a week in, while he was at work, some bastards spay painted something on the side (what it said, I have no idea, since I never saw it)...he took it back to the dealer for removal, but the clearcoat on the passenger door is ruined.

LA,

Very sorry :(.....

As for my experiences....

Will never forget when we were out east as a family ... walked back to our family car (what is now my '81 MC SC) ... only to discover deep scratch marks on the driver's side door right next to the keywhole. Realized then that we probably thwarted someone stealing it by coming back to the car when we did.

As for my cars ... my former '88 MC LS was broken into while I was trying to sell it. And that came less than a week after it suffered a hit'n'run ... with damage to the front end.

My former '97 malibu was broken into ... person was obviously trying to steal the radio as the dash board around the radio was "peeled back".

My former '00 mc LS was hit'n'run in Nashville TN at the HardRock Cafe....

*sighs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"How much can you take?" ... Oleander ... 'Hands Off The Wheel'

I live about 50ft away from a police station and I would consider this to be a very safe neighborhood where very little happens but the cops are dicks but I guess that's the trade off. A coworker of mine who lives down the street from me (same distance to the police station). He had installed a cd deck and subwolfer and spent a few hours getting it right.. well he forgot to lock his door that night and some kids had just ripped the deck out of his dash where it ripped the wires. The sub and amp wern't touched since they were bolted to metal and weren't going anywhere but he was pissed about the deck. Thankfully so far I haven't had my car broken in but one morning I woke up at 5:30 or so from my car alarm was set off. Even though I quickly ran to the window to check it out I didn't see anyone out there. One odd thing that's been done to my car was I came home dropped off by a buddy and there was a container of KFC mashed potatoes mushed into my driver's side door handle as well as a few other cars on my street.

I've only had one car stolen in my family-My fathers '98 Chevy 3500 Express Van that he used for work. With all of his tools in it, it definitely sucked at the time. That was, luckily, found three days later when some woman called the number on the side of the truck and asked us why we abandoned the car in front of her house. All that ended up missing was, like, 20 bucks and a raincoat from the passanger compartment. My brother had his POS radio stolen from his car like 2-3 years ago. I've had weirder stuff stolen. Someone stole the windshield wiper off my sunfire when I was at the mall. Another person took the Antenna off of my Fiero. I really don't get some people...

Holy crap. I guess I take living in a small town for granted. I've got this terrible habit of leaving the keys i the ignition and running into a 7-Eleven or inot the Sunoco station while the car si running to grab an Arizona Green Tea. One of these days I'l probably get a rude awakening. I have never had a car stolen. Minor vandalism yes but not stolen. Did I mention on here that I had the STS at Sean's house for a while and the windshield got smashed with a crow bar? I mean some serious BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA! :angry:

I've never had a car stolen, broken into, or otherwise vandalized.... Alas, except for a couple of accidents, all the damage that's happened to my cars over the years has been self-inflicted...like the mangled quarter panel on my Jeep from backing into a parking garage pillar..the roof damage from driving through a closed garage door...the broken foglights on my Mustang from hitting curbs.. the bent front axle on my Bronco from sliding sideways into a curb.. the bent tailpipe tips on the M3 from backing into a curb..

Holy crap. I guess I take living in a small town for granted. I've got this terrible habit of leaving the keys i the ignition ....

*chuckles*

You aren't the only one.... A few people I stopped to see on both of my road trips....leave keys in the ignition all the time. Me, on the other hand...I'm not only taking the keys with me, but I'm quickly locking the door as I open it, to be sure it is locked when I go to close it...he he he.

The year between my senior year of HS and my first year of college, I worked for the local school district's summer maintance department. On that crew was a guy that, at the time, lived a block from where my grandparents lived...and, of course, drove a Monte Carlo ... red, 1977 model. Well, one day, I got to his house to go to work (I walked there and rode with him to the job site) and he was just getting up. He yelled out the window, "Take my car and get to work." I asked him for his keys...his response: "I always leave 'em in the car." I was stunned...this is NOT a small town ... and thefts occur regularly.... But, he said he had done that all his life....