You can order a 2009 Malibu like this?

Okay well a local Chevy dealer whom is known for his invoice - rebates pricing. Who has a HUGE inventory of Chevrolet's has a few very special Malibu's out of his fleet of 28. I have come across a 2009 Malibu 1LT with a 3.5L V6! What is the deal here, I thought it was FLEET only, I thought only Avis and such could order these. I didn't know dealers could sell them brand new with FLEX FUEL badging none-the less, easier to tell apart I suppose. Anyways I found it odd and if I were in the market for one, I would have to consider one with the "low tech" 3.5 V6. Anyways anyone have any comments and also he has a loaded 1LT sedan with chrome alloy wheels? I thought 1LT's only came with 17inch fasica spoke wheels? I wonder if you can opt for these on 2LT 4 cylinder models, because I thought you only could get them with the 2LT 3.6L? So what is the deal... I will prove I am not crazy with some links. The funny thing is he has like four of these 1LT's with chrome fasica spoke wheels and 3.5's, I am sure people in my area would love them like that! Not many domestic buyers are fond of 4 cylinders at least not the ones looking for more "basic" midsize cars, around me. With the Impala becoming more of a fleet queen for "traditional" buyers this is not a bad idea. I just found it interesting anyway here are the links...

The 1LT's with the Flex Fuel 3.5...

2009 Malibu 1LT White 3.5L V6

2009 Malibu 1LT Silver 3.5L V6

2009 Malibu 1LT Black 3.5L V6 #1

2009 Malibu 1LT Black 3.5L V6 #2

The odd-ball 1LT with 4 cylinder and six speed auto with 18 inch chrome alloy wheels...

2009 Malibu 1LT 2.4 with Chrome Alloy Wheels

So can anyone shed some light on this? :scratchchin: Chevy has a sweet new site where you can download wallpaper size photos and you cannot build a 1LT 3.5!

On a side note a 1LT 3.5L V6 with the chrome alloy wheels would be pretty nice actually.

Edited by gm4life

Okay well a local Chevy dealer whom is known for his invoice - rebates pricing. Who has a HUGE inventory of Chevrolet's has a few very special Malibu's out of his fleet of 28. I have come across a 2009 Malibu 1LT with a 3.5L V6! What is the deal here, I thought it was FLEET only, I thought only Avis and such could order these. I didn't know dealers could sell them brand new with FLEX FUEL badging none-the less, easier to tell apart I suppose. Anyways I found it odd and if I were in the market for one, I would have to consider one with the "low tech" 3.5 V6. Anyways anyone have any comments and also he has a loaded 1LT sedan with chrome alloy wheels? I thought 1LT's only came with 17inch fasica spoke wheels? I wonder if you can opt for these on 2LT 4 cylinder models, because I thought you only could get them with the 2LT 3.6L? So what is the deal... I will prove I am not crazy with some links. The funny thing is he has like four of these 1LT's with chrome fasica spoke wheels and 3.5's, I am sure people in my area would love them like that! Not many domestic buyers are fond of 4 cylinders at least not the ones looking for more "basic" midsize cars, around me. With the Impala becoming more of a fleet queen for "traditional" buyers this is not a bad idea. I just found it interesting anyway here are the links...

The 1LT's with the Flex Fuel 3.5...

2009 Malibu 1LT White 3.5L V6

2009 Malibu 1LT Silver 3.5L V6

2009 Malibu 1LT Black 3.5L V6 #1

2009 Malibu 1LT Black 3.5L V6 #2

The odd-ball 1LT with 4 cylinder and six speed auto with 18 inch chrome alloy wheels...

2009 Malibu 1LT 2.4 with Chrome Alloy Wheels

So can anyone shed some light on this? :scratchchin: Chevy has a sweet new site where you can download wallpaper size photos and you cannot build a 1LT 3.5!

On a side note a 1LT 3.5L V6 with the chrome alloy wheels would be pretty nice actually.

The 18" chrome wheels on the 1LT are part of the "Sun and Wheel" package, which includes the six-speed auto.

The 1LT 3.5 V6 is an interesting one - the fleet models in the past have been in LS trim.

The 18" chrome wheels on the 1LT are part of the "Sun and Wheel" package, which includes the six-speed auto.

The 1LT 3.5 V6 is an interesting one - the fleet models in the past have been in LS trim.

Interesting indeed, I hope someone around here can figure that out with the 1LT 3.5 V6, because I can't and now I wanna know.

The only I have seen the 3.5 is 1LS as well, and never on dealer lot, so can they order them like that?

Edited by gm4life

Interesting...on the Chevy website, they only mention the 2.4, 3.6, and Hybrid powertrains...I didn't even realize the 3.5 was available in this generation of Malbu, thought only the old one used it, and the Impala, etc.

Thanks guys for chimming in, it is just he had FOUR of them just like it. So can you make a fleet order "cancel it" and put it on your lot? Or how did he end up with these or can you order 'em like this and just stock "fleet spec" cars?

Edited by gm4life

Interesting...on the Chevy website, they only mention the 2.4, 3.6, and Hybrid powertrains...I didn't even realize the 3.5 was available in this generation of Malbu, thought only the old one used it, and the Impala, etc.

No, they have been offering the 3.5L VVT V6 in these since 2008 when the new style came out but for fleet only was my understanding. I thought the were only 1LS models as well, I had never seen or heard of dealers stocking these new or with 1LT packaging. People in my area with all the steep hills would love 'em the looks and refined interior of the Malibu with the 3.5L V6 and 4spd. automatic. Lots of domestic buyers still want V6's in cars like this, so it is no suprise to me he has them, but I didn't know how "he" being the dealer got 'em like that to sell to the public.

Edited by gm4life