Is GM an "Honest" Company . . .

Guest carpetbagger

Guest carpetbagger
everyone here likes to spew about how Jap companies are " dishonest " and " Liars " but wouldnt GM & other domestics have it the same way if they could?

in the end, everyones just trying to make the fat $$$, circumstances not withstanding Edited by carpetbagger

Well, let's just put it this way. If GM says a car has X-amount of Horsepower of a truck can tow this or that much, you can be sure that it's dead on, if not underestimated. They're very straightforward in their ads and usually very factual in their brochures versus a lot of otehr car makers... esp. companies like Toyopta & Honda. They think they're God's gift to the automotive world and therefore act like facts are irrelevant. It's a Camry *angels singing* YOU JUST KNOW its the best car ever made! Look at the Toyota emblem on the hood... it says it all. :rolleyes: <_<

Well, let's just put it this way. If GM says a car has X-amount of Horsepower of a truck can tow this or that much, you can be sure that it's dead on, if not underestimated.

They're very straightforward in their ads and usually very factual in their brochures versus a lot of otehr car makers... esp. companies like Toyopta & Honda. They think they're God's gift to the automotive world and therefore act like facts are irrelevant. It's a Camry *angels singing* YOU JUST KNOW its the best car ever made! Look at the Toyota emblem on the hood... it says it all. :rolleyes: <_<

[post="47482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

May not fit fully, but Toyota stands for Arrogant.

The Toyota perception is ridiculus, I was at Northgate GM here yesterday and there was a guy looking at cars. He owned a 2002 Buick Century. He was telling me that he was at the Toyota dealer next door and sat in a 2006 Camry. The samesman came out telling him that the Camry was such and such. Then he asked what he drove. The Toyota salesman told him "Well the Camry is twice the car the Century is".
The guy took a Camry out for a test drive. He said that the car was quiet, and other than the lack of power drove very similar to his 3 year old car. He went on to tell me that he was unimpressed by the Camry considering that it is always considered to be on top.

The Toyota perception is ridiculus, I was at Northgate GM here yesterday and there was a guy looking at cars. He owned a 2002 Buick Century. He was telling me that he was at the Toyota dealer next door and sat in a 2006 Camry. The samesman came out telling him that the Camry was such and such. Then he asked what he drove. The Toyota salesman told him "Well the Camry is twice the car the Century is".
The guy took a Camry out for a test drive. He said that the car was quiet, and other than the lack of power drove very similar to his 3 year old car. He went on to tell me that he was unimpressed by the Camry considering that it is always considered to be on top.

[post="47495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wohhooo! go Century! (I drove an 02!)

Toyota and Honda salesmen tend to be infamously arrogant. There's a big difference between believing the best in your product and simply trashing the competition. I've had a Buick sales rep tell me how a Terraza is quieter, has a longer warranty, and has more range than a Toyota Sienna while admitting the Sienna is a fine vehicle while I've had a Toyota rep tell me how Ford, Chrysler, and GM minivans are all junk and most people who buy them "don't do the research and are suckered."

[post="47495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm still waiting for the day Toyota makes an ad saying "More of our car line-up is built right here in the US of A than Chevy or Ford!"

Toyota
Matrix - Canada
Prius - Japan

Chevy
Aveo - South Korea
HHR - Mexico
Impala - Canada
Monte Carlo - Canada

Ford
Focus - Mexico
Fusion - Mexico
Crown Vic - Canada

Ironically, lots of Toyota trucks are made in Japan, including the Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Highlander, and RAV4.

I think that ignores the fact that the US and Canada are very symbiotic economies. I've never heard anyone mention, "Damn Canucks are taking our jobs" or "I'll die before I drive a car built in Canada."

[post="47986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No man I had two trucks in 2 years same model one was built in pontiac the other Canada......... The Canadian truck was better to me better fit and no rattles :) but Canada is strong in the Union as the same with GM and Ford. Also Canada Buys more American Cars then Imports.

• 2 weeks later...
Fly: That salesman you're referring to is still a lot more of a gentleman than the typical Honda/Toyota/VW salesman I've run into. Arrogance is an understatement.