Acura RSX

Cremazie

Considering that GM has been bashed for all too long. I have my own issues with a Honda (Acura) product. Well, I have a 2005 Acura RSX with 10,000 KMs on it (6,000 mi). I have been having annoying problems since day 1. After my first highway trip in the thing I started to get a strange noise out of the front end while turning the wheel. Well, I brought the car in and they told me it was a strut mount. So a few weeks later when the part came in, it was replaced. The noise disappeared for a week. So, I go back again, and they tell me it is the strut. So I wait 6 weeks for the part to come in. They replace that. Guess what, the noise went away, until my trip to Banff. Now I have the same noise comming out of the passenger side. They tell me that they will replace the right strut mount when the part comes in. ( I told them they should replace the strut and mount so it saves me a trip in the future, but they have to follow procedure). Now my brakes make an assuring clunk when I put them on. (sounds like the pads are loose in their mount). The guys at Acura tell me it's normal. I told the service guy: "What is normal for an Acura is not normal for any other car I owned". This is music to the ears of many GM fans, it is also more than enough fuel to get me back into a GM.

A Honda/Acura with a few problems, you don't hear that often. I think they have too much hype--they are good no doubt but some people think they are perfect. Is yours a Type S or regular? I bought a 2006 2.4L Cobalt SS and have 6000kms on with zero problems. My brother in-law owns a 2005 TL and he says my car is quiter inside then his. Both have been to the track and his car is only 0.2 sec faster. If I ever come up to Bud Park in 06 would you be up for a race? (well it'd probably be a beating but its all in good fun :P ) Edited by avro206

I've always liked the RSX.  I almost bought an RSX Type S in tan with tan leather when they first came out.  Cooler heads prevailed, however.

Hey Cremazie, them there Pontiac G6 GTP coupes are nice, with a 6 speed.
:)

[post="49240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Tell me about it, for the price they are amazing. That could blow the doors off the RSX. I was actually thinking of a Canyon, but once the issues with the care are dealt with maybe it'll be ok. I still have 3 years full warranty..... Then again, Canyons handle so well, and they are very nice. :rolleyes:

Oh, I din't know you were a truck dude.  Of course Canyons are nice too. :)

[post="49252"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I am, but when I bought my RSX my boyfriend had a F-150 and we logically figured that there was no need for me to have a truck as well, so I bought a car. He left, so I have an RSX, no bf and no truck. :( Edited by Cremazie

I am, but when I bought my RSX my boyfriend had a F-150 and we logically figured that there was no need for me to have a truck as well, so I bought a car. He left, so I have an RSX, no bf and no truck.  :(

[post="49256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Awww...there's a movie of the week in there somewhere.....

... and a country song.

Seriously, Cremazie, sorry to hear, man.  At least yours didn't call you from sunny Puerto Rico to say goodbye and he "won't forget you", after he moved back there without telling you.
<_<

[post="49263"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm sorry to hear that :(
It's funny, when you feel you know someone, they show you that you didn't know them at all.