Anyone have a Mini?

Satty

my cuz has one and my friends dad i love em repairs are a pain if ya dont live near a dealer but pretty good mileage driving a truck and then going to that is like driving a skateboard wayyy to fast but the front seats are comfy if theres noone out back but then again you cant fit someone out front and out back just one or the other nice pick up fun cars.... get the s with a manual if ya want performance but there easy to work on a bit at home add some nicer parts

One of the few compact cars that owes no one any apologies about its transverse mounted engine of FWD. It invented the FWD hatchback as we know it in 1959 and it's still the best. The Honda 600, VW Rabbit, GM J-cars, Citoren DS, Toyota Tercel/FWD Corollas, Chrysler K-cars, Ford Focus, Honda Civic.... and every other POS transverse mounted compact car with a four banger and FWD owes it's existance to Issigonis and his Austin Mini. Just like the GTO, the original trend setter is still the best of the breed! :)

The Mini comes wiht a CVT now??? If you gat a Mini but you DON'T get a manual trans it probably means you have bought the wrong car.

Since we're a BMW dealer, and the closest Mini dealership is over an hour from here, people bring their Minis in to us for collision repair. Everyone I've talked to who owns one only has good things to say about them.

I wanted one so bad when they first came out, I test drove an S and it was a blast. I very nearly bought one, but at the time, dealers were charging over MSRP, and I'd never go for that.

I still love 'em. The convertible's a little gay, but the hardtop is cool, especially the S.

I still love 'em.  The convertible's a little gay, but the hardtop is cool, especially the S.

[post="49521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why yes, the Ragtop Mini does seem to have a very "happy" and "festive" disposition about it. :P

JamesB:

I can appreciate what you're saying 100%. You have to damit thought as far as mnodern rehashes go BMW did make a valiant effort. Compared to a PT-Cruiser and New Beetle the Mini is very true to from.

I HATE the New Beetle for the fact that it's H20 cooled, FWD and front engined and the engine is not even a boxer. <_< New Beelte my Arse!

The new Mini is as true to a 1959 Austin Mini as is possible in todays world. Or at least damn close in todays over-regulated world.

I'd like to have a classic Mini as sort of a second car/toy but not as a daily driver. The Cooper has a CVT, the S has a 6-speed manumatic. Honestly, I'd go with the auto simply because I drive a lot in stop-and-go traffic and because CVTs are really cool. if I buy new, I can get a decently equipped Cooper or a very basic Cooper 'vert or S. The vert is a bit gay, but I kind of miss having a convertible, I think I'll at least consider it when the time comes.