Harlequin to publish NASCAR romance novels

Satty

Harlequin to publish NASCAR romance novels
SCENEDAILY - 1:04PM ET WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2005 -
ARTICLE TOOLS

NASCAR announced Wednesday a licensing agreement with romance series publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.

Under the agreement, Harlequin will publish women's fiction titles as part of the NASCAR Library Collection. The upcoming novels, written be bestselling Harlequin authors, will have plotlines centering on NASCAR and will feature the NASCAR brand on their covers.

The debut novel, "In the Groove," by Pamela Britton, is set to release in late January, just before the Daytona 500.

"NASCAR continues to attract more and more female fans," said Mark Dyer, NASCAR vice president of licensing. "The new NASCAR Harlequin titles should be a real attraction for this segment of our fans."

Financial terms of the agreement were not reported.

I dont know why, but this made me laugh.

In the mean time NASCAR continues to sell what is left of it's integrity for a few more dollars. They seem to be taking after Jeep, Mercedes and Lincoln.

[post="49408"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. The Helton era has brought a ton of discredibilty to the sanctioning body in the last few years. At least in the early 90's the cars were still at least looking like the cars they represented from the manu's.

Now we have Toyota entering the fray in the CTS with basically a re-decaled F-150 with an engine design they stole from Dodge (Thank you Bill Davis), Common template cars, and a stupid way to determine the champion. At least this year Stewart won the Cup under the old and new points system.

Cliff notes. The whole sanctioning body needs to be drug out in the street and hung by their entrails.

Ummmm.... yeah, *scratches head* that's prettty uhhh.... *backs away slowly* :blink:

I've gone more than twelve hours but cannot hold it anymore. Who do they expect to buy these? Romance novel readers aren't interested in NASCAR and NASCAR fans cannot read and would only be interested if the main character were having sex with both his sister and his cousin but ends up being seduced by a prize winning goat.

I've gone more than twelve hours but cannot hold it anymore.  Who do they expect to buy these?  Romance novel readers aren't interested in NASCAR and NASCAR fans cannot read and would only be interested if the main character were having sex with both his sister and his cousin but ends up being seduced by a prize winning goat.

[post="49645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

pffft......hahahahahahahahah!!!!! Oh man. That's hilarious.

If your romance novels feature NASCAR on the cover, you might be a redneck.

LOL! Sweet...very sweet!

a romance novel that make a bunch of left turns...

Heh. Perhaps these will have more cliff hangers than soap operas....

he he he

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"It's coming down to nothing more than apathy" ... The Fray ... 'Over My Head'

Do you think anyone will buy a romance novel involving Jeff Gordon, especially if he's paired with a girl? :AH-HA_wink:

[post="49518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay... He is not gay. <_< :P

Ummmm.... yeah, *scratches head* that's prettty uhhh.... *backs away slowly* :blink:

[post="49626"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*does the same*

I've gone more than twelve hours but cannot hold it anymore.  Who do they expect to buy these?  Romance novel readers aren't interested in NASCAR and NASCAR fans cannot read and would only be interested if the main character were having sex with both his sister and his cousin but ends up being seduced by a prize winning goat.

[post="49645"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is just not right... :blink: :huh:

[post="49691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yep, pretty much. :D

Anyways, this really is the most retarded idea ever. I mean... as if NASCAR hasn't been bastardized enough... Which has begun many many retarded stereotypes that Satty likes to use... Damnit.

[post="49691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Copywrite that before Foxworthy blurts it out on Comdey Central! :P :lol:

After all Paris Hillslut tradmerked "That's Hot" <_<

Copywrite that before Foxworthy blurts it out on Comdey Central!  :P  :lol:

After all Paris Hillslut tradmerked "That's Hot"  <_<

[post="50098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually I was tempted to send it directly to him if I could.

..."That's Hot" is copyrighted? What the hell's she gonna do, release a line of Paris Hilton T-Shirts?

Crap, I hope not. People would buy them...