Canyon 2010

The Sierra purchase and subsequent service relationship with "my" BPG dealership was all positive from day one. I wonder what would happen if I went in there this fall and ordered a 2010 Canyon SLE1 extended cab 4X4 5 cylinder with posi and power convenience package in that new gray-green color with tan interior. I still appreciate chrome bumpers on a pickup truck, and Colorado is all about the body-color bumpers unless I go full-tilt Z71, which I am scared of due to MSRP loftiness.

Satty, yup, but the country boy in me wanders off toward four-wheel drive. That ZQ8, extended-cab 5.3 is a compelling package, though... it would look awesome in Navy Blue with the "Midnight Silver" 18" rims that come on it.

Edited by ocnblu

Satty, yup, but the country boy in me wanders off toward four-wheel drive. That ZQ8, extended-cab 5.3 is a compelling package, though... it would look awesome in Navy Blue with the "Midnight Silver" 18" rims that come on it.

You'd be crazy NOT to get one with the 5.3 honestly. I would get the one you have described above.

Do you want ocn to get dead? My Sierra was dangerous enough. The smaller 355 reg cab with 5.3 would need rear tires in 5k miles! :AH-HA_wink: The 3.5 I had in my '04 was fine, I suspect the 3.7 with 20 more horsepower will be finer. And, ya know, you CAN order the 5.3 in the ext cab 4X4 if you are so inclined.:)

The Sierra purchase and subsequent service relationship with "my" BPG dealership was all positive from day one. I wonder what would happen if I went in there this fall and ordered a 2010 Canyon SLE1 extended cab 4X4 5 cylinder with posi and power convenience package in that new gray-green color with tan interior. I still appreciate chrome bumpers on a pickup truck, and Colorado is all about the body-color bumpers unless I go full-tilt Z71, which I am scared of due to MSRP loftiness.

I've been wondering how long you'd be able to hold out without owning a pickup truck :P Not that the Cobalt isn't nice, but I don't think it's really you. I think you should have held onto the Sierra, but seeing as how you've been a long-time GM small truck owner, I could see you back in a GMT-355 (I'm glad you're going with the GMC Canyon! :thumbsup:). Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Interesting, GMC still allows you to order Z71 on the SLE1 or SLE2 Canyon as a stand-alone option package, according to GMC's site and Edmunds. Chevrolet lumps Z71 into the 2LT package, which in turn includes the 5 cylinder/auto/posi/sliding window/compass mirror/power package, which I would want anyway, but it is possible to order a Z71 Canyon barebones otherwise. In addition, according to Edmunds, equipped identically, the GMC typically sells for a lower transaction price than the Chevrolet, even though the GMC ends up being a couple hundred dollars more MSRP. :scratchchin:

EDIT: BTW, GMC's website is not user-friendly AT ALL. I hate going there.

Edited by ocnblu

I hope your not having to deal with possible job loss or actual job loss like me on June 26th, I join the millions who have lost their job to outsourcing over seas. :(

I hope your not having to deal with possible job loss or actual job loss like me on June 26th, I join the millions who have lost their job to outsourcing over seas. :(

Well dfelt, I'm beating you to unemployment by 2 days (June 24th), but due to "contract dates" I can't apply for state unemployment benefits until July 1 <_<

ocnblu, sorry to hear about the latest job news/rumors. Hopefully things pick back up very soon and you can start working on your new truck plan again.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74