A "Quality" Poll

NOS2006

Except in luxury vehicles, do you go with the greatest quality choice when buying a vehicle  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Except in luxury vehicles, do you go with the greatest quality choice when buying a vehicle

• Yes, I need the dashboard to be perfect
    • Impartial, favoring yes
    • Impartial, favoring no
    • No, what the heck does it even matter?

I need the dash to be of a decent quality in my car. I am not saying it has to be super-smooth, or as soft as a baby's butt, but c'mon, it shouldn't feel hard and hollow or shine like a mirror. I put impartial--yes

I'm most interested in the overall functionality of a car, as well as the value, performance and comfort. The dash in my Caravan is supposedly of "lower quality" than that of a Honda Odyssey, according to the auto rags anyway. But my Caravan also cost thousands less than a comparably equipped Odyssey, it has about the same amount of room, and I think the front seats of the Caravan are way more comfortable than the Odyssey's as well. But the Odyssey owners can revel in the fact that their dash appears to be of higher quality. :) Edited by NeonLX

I drive a 4th gen. F-body... what do you think ("impartial, favoring no")?  Then again, if it weren't for the performance and looks that the car has, I would probably have voted "impartial, favoring yes."

[post="53942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lol That's where I get it from? Armor all is my friend. That explains a lot lol

Quality, especially that of the interior, plays a large role in my decisions. I will write off a vehicle on a poor interior alone. I also write off dated platforms and poor styling. Combine all three, and you get the Buick LaCrosse! Seriously, though. I actually prefer good design, but the materials cannot be subpar. They don't have to be classleading, though, but preferably above average at the very least.

It depends on the vehicle. I find the crappy interior of the Silverado perfectly fine for the most part, because it's a truck. The interior of the IS300 is fine for a Toyota, but not a Lexus. However, I bought it because it's a sports sedan and not a luxury car, so I'm ok with. If I'm looking for a luxury sedan, I want a plusher interior, and that's partly why I bought the Aurora earlier. It had one of the nicest interiors ever for a GM vehicle. And that's also why I'm turned off by the LaCrosse's interior. It's better than past Regals, LeSabres, and even Park Avenues, but it's not what it should be. However, from all appearances, the Lucerne's interior is excellent. While I haven't experienced it firsthand, I have driven the new DTS, and I do like that interior.

I don't notice the less rich feel of the dash in my CTS compaired to a 525 because I'm usually busy watching the 525 get smaller in my rear-view mirror.

[post="54290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pickin' on the little guy eh?
That's ok. I for one stand up for the little guy.
Kind of like you, I also dont always notice the richer feel of my car because I am busy avenging the losses of the little guys watching everything, especially CTS's, get smaller in my rear view mirror. :AH-HA_wink:
(or in the latest race, the object in my mirror getting smaller was a 350Z) Edited by Nick

I don't remember the last time I touched the forward cowl panel of my dashboard except when I applied some leather/vinyl protectant, so I could give give two shits if its low glass high grain anal retentive whatever. I put more emphasis over fuctionality, ergonomics, and durability. That's why everyone can make fun of the '00-'05 Bonneville's interior all they want...I'll be halfway up the block while you're still futzing with the a/c in your scattershot-buttoned VW with the sumptuously-textured rear child booster seat teathers.