Auto Show tips for Buick?

BuickEight

Any advise/ideas for Buick on their 2006 displays? They usually do such a crappy job I thought maybe we could tell them how to do it right. --how about having all cars with power so one can play with the power seats, radios, nav, etc... I hate it when they don't have the power on and some idiot disconnects the battery with the seat in some horrible position. :angry: --show all colors. I hate seeing three Regals, or whatever, all in the same color--such morons! --have one base model, and have all others loaded up --have good quality brochures with all models in that one brochure --show one Lucerne with the blue/shale interior, one in black, and one in grey. They'll probably have four Lucernes on display that'll all have tan leather :rolleyes: --have reps that actually know the facts. I know, thats asking a lot. --show a Lucerne with the wood steering wheel --leave the Terraza out in the parking lot :AH-HA_wink: --??????????

GM I believe has since hired a company that configures all their auto show displays. Unfortunately, these are people that don't have their "heart" in it....or are not GM/Buick fans, etc. They really don't care what they order as long as they have the correct numbers of models, etc. When I was at Buick, we (District Managers) were responsible for ordering all auto show cars and placing them IN the show before it opened. I was involved in both the San Jose and San Francisco auto shows when I lived up there working for Buick. Back THEN....we took alot of time to carefully consider what cars to display, what colors to order them in, and what options to put on them. We took pride in it.....and also made sure the cars looked good....with sunroofs all open, seats in decent positions, etc. We ordered mostly Buicks with Gran Touring packages......because the larger wheels/tires and more attractive alloys really made the cars look better in the show...also ordered sunroofs, etc. We'd also do "base" cars when there was a good pricing story to tell. We'd also order the different colors with some more unique color schemes that looked attractive....as opposed to the sea of white, beige, and silver that Buick dealers tend to stock. Sadly, I'm afraid that "committee-think" has taken all of the personalized care in setting up an attractive auto show with attractive cars.

GM I believe has since hired a company that configures all their auto show displays.  Unfortunately, these are people that don't have their "heart" in it....or are not GM/Buick fans, etc.  They really don't care what they order as long as they have the correct numbers of models, etc.

When I was at Buick, we (District Managers) were responsible for ordering all auto show cars and placing them IN the show before it opened.  I was involved in both the San Jose and San Francisco auto shows when I lived up there working for Buick.

Back THEN....we took alot of time to carefully consider what cars to display, what colors to order them in, and what options to put on them.

We took pride in it.....and also made sure the cars looked good....with sunroofs all open, seats in decent positions, etc.

We ordered mostly Buicks with Gran Touring packages......because the larger wheels/tires and more attractive alloys really made the cars look better in the show...also ordered sunroofs, etc.  We'd also do "base" cars when there was a good pricing story to tell.

We'd also order the different colors with some more unique color schemes that looked attractive....as opposed to the sea of white, beige, and silver that Buick dealers tend to stock.

Sadly, I'm afraid that "committee-think" has taken all of the personalized care in setting up an attractive auto show with attractive cars.

[post="57643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sounds like you did a really good job. How the hell can GM allow these current people to do this important job? Sometimes I just can't understand people. :angry:

Sounds like you did a really good job.  How the hell can GM allow these current people to do this important job?  Sometimes I just can't understand people. :angry:

[post="58137"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I tried....but it wasn't just me.....most of my peers were car buffs/Buick fans and we all took it to heart...

When GM hired the outside company to coordinate it all, that's when the "personal touch" went away.....

My advice to Buick is to fill their area with Lucernes. No LaCrosses anywhere on the premises. Have a loaded Terraza. Have a loaded Rainier. Have a loaded Rendezvous. That will maximize their sales. If they HAVE to have a LaCrosse, stick them in the back behind the information booth. and behind tall vehicles like the Rainier and Rendezvous. And keep the LaCrosses locked so people cannot see the orange wood up close or touch the chintzy plastic or experience the incredibly cramped rear seat.

My advice to Buick is to fill their area with Lucernes.  No LaCrosses anywhere on the premises.  Have a loaded Terraza.  Have a loaded Rainier.  Have a loaded Rendezvous.

That will maximize their sales.  If they HAVE to have a LaCrosse, stick them in the back behind the information booth.  and behind tall vehicles like the Rainier and Rendezvous.  And keep the LaCrosses locked so people cannot see the orange wood up close or touch the chintzy plastic or experience the incredibly cramped rear seat.

[post="58246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How do you really feel about the LaCrosse? :P :lol:

• 2 weeks later...