3rd Roadtrip to Bethlehem, PA Saturday...and more

Finally, heading back north again for a little more "stuff" under/in the G8--the new Pedders struts & shocks that were late last time I was up in May and that will finally compliment the drop springs in 'ole G8. Finally. May get it re-aligned correctly, tires checked, etc. while I'm up too.

This means a 3+ hour early Saturday morning hike to Bethlehem and as with the last 2 times I've been up back in May, I must say I REALLY like it up there. Good thing I'm dead serious about a career change ASAP and possibly moving back north, just not sure how far north into PA...I'd really like if it just didn't have the winter.

That said, while I'm up this time, for any semi locals...any recommendations of spots to check out anywhere from the DE-PA border to the Main Line and then another hour or so north into Bethlehem? Aside from living in/around Villanova, Wayne, etc. for 4 years, I really have still only seen a part of Bethlehem and from what I've read and been told, there's a lot more, so perhaps I'll just trek around there. Thinking about staying a night potentially as well, for a day fully away and not be rushed to get back.

This thread can go about the car, PA, or career ideas in the area...I'm open. Anyone else besides OCN in the vicinity? Time to get out of Delaware, I think, and not just for part of a day this time, beaches, lack of taxes, and all. Hmm.

Edited by caddycruiser

This weekend there's a GIGANTIC car show not too far from Bethlehem that I've gone to in the past (an awesome show nonetheless). It's in Macungie off of Route 100 and not only is it a car show, but it's the annual German festival to boot. Here's the link to the show (Friday-Saturday-Sunday):

mast_main.gif

Link to website.

Also, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is in Allentown (an awesome amusement park & water park) and is a great place to visit: http://www.dorneypark.com/

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

This weekend there's a GIGANTIC car show not too far from Bethlehem that I've gone to in the past (an awesome show nonetheless). It's in Macungie off of Route 100 and not only is it a car show, but it's the annual German festival to boot. Here's the link to the show (Friday-Saturday-Sunday):

mast_main.gif

Link to website.

Also, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is in Allentown (an awesome amusement park & water park) and is a great place to visit: http://www.dorneypark.com/

Ooh, not bad ideas, Roger :AH-HA_wink:

Between the suspension work starting at 10am and then--I am trying to plan--heading to a Jack Williams for a proper alignment and such, if I can swing that as well, I'll be tied up at least into the afternoon. So, not sure what part of or how much I'll be able to make it to see at Macungie...but I'll try :AH-HA_wink:

Still debating staying overnight Saturday night somewhere and then heading back south Sunday morning, as I want some more roam around time up there, or where I would want to do so at. As long as I have time for more of an area tour than my 78->Exit 67 Hellertown->2-3 miles up a hill to the shop, I'll be happy. There's a lot more of the area I just haven't been able to see yet and hopefully it will also be a pleasant weekend, weather-wise.

The car show in Macungie ends on Sunday :AH-HA_wink:

No sweat, I'll sadly be back south by either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I tentatively "booked" an alignment appointment for Saturday afternoon up at Jack Williams up there, but have a feeling it won't work. Depends on what kind of a "field trip" the Rocksand Racing guys decide on and how long it takes for a strut & shock swap out. That and/or if I stay over for Saturday night...still not sure on that but should book something now if I am...somewhere. At least it looks like Saturday will be the one dry, sunny day.

Still, seems like it worked out to be a very good weekend to be road tripping north, and I need it regardless. I really enjoy the area.

Edited by caddycruiser

Finally, almost time to come up tomorrow. Too bad it's rained almost everyday for the past week+...the G8 is so filthy, it's embarrassing, even for a roadtrip.

Decided to book a room in Bethlehem for Saturday night so I can stick around a bit more and relax, but we'll see if I actually do. Thanks for the suggestions again, guys, should be useful. Well, unless I hit Sands with the guys and can't stop...right :AH-HA_wink: