2008 Viper??

Imaj

got this from gminsidenews

"I've received a couple of key leaks from inside DCX regarding the upcoming generation IV Viper. The first bit of info revealed that the next generation Viper will be powered by an 8.4 liter multi-point injection V-10 producing around 700 HP. That's right, 700 HP. I've been told that an engineering prototype has dyno'ed at about 720 HP in the SRT labs within the last few months. You're probably wondering when we will see this beast. Well, word has it that Conner Avenue Assembly Plant (CAAP) will stop building generation III coupes and convertibles next summer. The final day of production for the '06 model year will be Thursday August 31, 2006. CAAP will be closed 123 days starting Friday September 1, 2006 and will reopen Tuesday January 2, 2007 for production of model year '08 cars. There will not be a model year '07 for the Viper. All this means that we should be getting a peek at the upcoming snake sometime during the '06 car show season. "

A 700hp in v-10 Viper.....ferrari eat your heart out.....

Imagine the Ram SRT-10 with this.....

a new viper so soon? is there a legit source, or is some kid just making up a story

[post="56530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's been rumored for more than a year... The rumors may be as old as the Blue Devil rumors (or maybe even older)..

I hear it's legit. I've cruised Mopar boards where the guys were saying "wait a few years for the real Viper to emerge" and I've also heard rumors of a HUGE Hemi getting put into it, but I don't know about that.. Edited by NOS2006

I would have thought the Viper would stick around longer than that, didn't the current model come out for 2002 or 2003? If this comes in at the same price as the current Viper that will be insane, though I'm guessing it will be quite a bit more. It shall be interesting to see what the Corvette team does to counter this, or if the Blue Devil will be able to beat it (which I'm guessing it will since it's basically going to be a C6-R).

I think the C6-R is around 650, but that's not really what matters. The Blue Devil should be much lighter. The current Viper weighs almost 3400lbs vs. 3132 for the Z06, and the Blue Devil will be lighter than the Z06 most likely. Of course the new Viper could use exotic materials and such, but I'm guessing the Blue Devil will still be lighter.

I think the C6-R is around 650, but that's not really what matters. The Blue Devil should be much lighter. The current Viper weighs almost 3400lbs vs. 3132 for the Z06, and the Blue Devil will be lighter than the Z06 most likely. Of course the new Viper could use exotic materials and such, but I'm guessing the Blue Devil will still be lighter.

[post="56551"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd guess the Viper being around 3200-3300 as long as it's NEW. They've learned the weight problem. And hopefully the suspension problems. Only thing is that a 8.4L V10 is gonna be huge..

It makes sense to replace the current Viper, you can't consider the current Viper to be best bang for buck with the Z06 starting from $65000 and offering a better value overall.. btw, there are rumours about a Corvette SS with a Supercharged 6.2L V8 (LS9) that should be good for 600+ hp!!

I hear it's legit. I've cruised Mopar boards where the guys were saying "wait a few years for the real Viper to emerge" and I've also heard rumors of a HUGE Hemi getting put into it, but I don't know about that..

[post="56532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's legit. The motor is a 10, and the magic number is 700. It won't be marketed as a Hemi, at least not as of now. Early 2007 production as a MY08 vehicle. No MY07 Viper.

It's gettin' crazy out there.

This thing must be race-ready. . . cuz 700hp is more then you could ever use on the streets, 0-60 times would be insane! I know 700 Hp sound cool and all, but when is this race going to end? I this going to end like the motorcycle power wars when 204MPH was considered the limit.