2010 Hurst G8's

not sure if this had been posted, not sure if it'll see the light of day actually but cool none the less.

HURST PERFORMANCE AND “DOC” WATSON ANNOUNCE

NEW HURST/PONTIAC MODELS

Revered Performance Brand Teams Up with Legendary Visionary

to Make History Again!

Flint, Mich. (June 29, 2009) – Hurst Performance Vehicles, one of the most recognized and

respected names in automobile history, announced that it has teamed up with newly appointed

Hurst Director Emeritus and legendary performance visionary, “Doc” Watson, to build two new

Special Edition Hurst/Pontiacs – a 2010 HURST/Pontiac H.O. version of the G8 and a G6

convertible. Hurst Performance President, Ron Flint, and Watson made the announcement

together on Saturday at a special event held at the Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan – the

birthplace of GM.

Hurst Performance in Irvine, California, will hand-build only 52 examples of the 2010

HURST/Pontiac H.O. – a modern-day version of George Hurst's “Executive Hot Rod”. These

numbered cars will feature Hurst’s iconic white/gold and black/gold colors along with forged

alloy Hurst wheels, an exclusive Hurst shifter, supercharged engine, suspension mods and a

specially trimmed interior.

Hurst will also commemorate Doc’s famous Pace Cars and build ten HURST/Pontiac G6

convertibles to be used as parade and special event cars.

“Doc started all of this with George back in 1960 with Hurst Performance Research. His Hurst

H.O. Pontiacs have stormed drag strips and main streets across the country for 50 years,” said

Hurst Chairman, Nate Shelton. “There could not be a better time to honor Doc and the legendary

Pontiac marque.”

Watson's contribution to the American performance landscape is unrivaled. During a 50-year

career in the development, manufacturing and marketing of special vehicles, Watson brought to

life more than 80 performance cars and racing vehicles, including the original Hurst Oldsmobile,

the Hemi-Under-Glass and the 1972 Hurst/Pontiac SSJ. These new HURST/Pontiac’s are yet

another chapter in his illustrious career.

“If we combine the wisdom earned through the heritage of past Hurst vehicles with the vision of

globally beneficial vehicles, we will not be living through the death of the Muscle Car,” Watson

explained. “Rather, we will see the birth of exciting, passion-filled performance vehicles –

vehicles that will give new meaning to lean, mean, and environmentally clean machines. It’s a

'new machine age,' and Hurst will be first once again.”

Hurst Performance has once again partnered with the Woodhouse Automotive Family of Blair

Nebraska as the exclusive Hurst Authorized Pontiac Dealer for sales and service of these

exceptional vehicles.

Specifications, pricing and ordering information will be available August 1st on the Hurst website

at www.hurst-performance.com.

http://www.hurst-performance.com/assets/pr...iac-Release.pdf

Hurst-Pontiac-G8.jpg

April 1st comes around _way_ too fast on the internet. ;-)

I wonder if Hurst has the financial muscle to federalize and import G8s? I suppose they do. Hurst G8 wagon or Hurst G8 Ute anyone?

However, I'm not getting my hopes up any more for this than the various Trans Am resurrections that are floating around.

April 1st comes around _way_ too fast on the internet. ;-)

I wonder if Hurst has the financial muscle to federalize and import G8s? I suppose they do. Hurst G8 wagon or Hurst G8 Ute anyone?

However, I'm not getting my hopes up any more for this than the various Trans Am resurrections that are floating around.

actually i was tipped off reading through this months issue of Muscle Car Review. since the press release date is from june i would assume things are probably being kept quiet about it, especially since there is nothing more on hurst's website. i am sure there are more than enough G8 GT's languishing away on lots to throw 50 special editions together... theres a white one down the road form my house now. 49 to go.

actually i was tipped off reading through this months issue of Muscle Car Review. since the press release date is from june i would assume things are probably being kept quiet about it, especially since there is nothing more on hurst's website. i am sure there are more than enough G8 GT's languishing away on lots to throw 50 special editions together... theres a white one down the road form my house now. 49 to go.

Originally, I didn't realize they are only going to make 52 of them. Of course, there are specific federal rules about what can and what can't be a particular model year... and no 2010 G8s will exist... so I don't see how they can market or title them as such, unless they import them themselves. I also find the 52 number interesting... normally it seems that 50 is the magic number that limited edition carmakers limit themselves to to avoid various rules.

Originally, I didn't realize they are only going to make 52 of them. Of course, there are specific federal rules about what can and what can't be a particular model year... and no 2010 G8s will exist... so I don't see how they can market or title them as such, unless they import them themselves. I also find the 52 number interesting... normally it seems that 50 is the magic number that limited edition carmakers limit themselves to to avoid various rules.

yeah... 52 is odd unless "friends" made a request for a few. the announcement preceded GM's about pontiac so i think thats the biggest problem.

yeah... 52 is odd unless "friends" made a request for a few. the announcement preceded GM's about pontiac so i think thats the biggest problem.

The Hurst press release is June 29, 2009... Pontiac was declared dead in May... hopefully Hurst reads the news. The only GM news that came out after June 29 was the Fritz-Lutz war about the G8 not coming here as a Chevy.

Edited by SAmadei

The Hurst press release is June 29, 2009... Pontiac was declared dead in May... hopefully Hurst reads the news. The only GM news that came out after June 29 was the Fritz-Lutz war about the G8 not coming here as a Chevy.

sigh... must have just run out of steam then...