AACA Fall Meet - runs Wednesday (10/7) thru Saturday (10/10)

So, who's headed out to Hershey, PA this week for the annual AACA Fall Meet? The GM Futurliner will be there again - second time now (October '07 was its first visit to the show), and you are allowed to climb the stairs and sit int he driver's cockpit.

This is a milestone year for me - my dad took me 20 years ago (1989) as a young and naive 14 year old first-timer, and I've been hooked ever since. And to celebrate this milestone I am taking my 4 year old son Justin with me this year - my 20th will be his 1st, and hopefully we can make this a father-son tradition for many, many years to come. I can't wait to take him into the Futurliner, and we've been looking at my 1/64th scale diecast (Norev) model of it so he knows what to look for at the show.

So, post here if you're headed out sometime this week, and I'll be there on Saturday (if work didn't have stupid rules about personal days around holidays <we're closed for Columbus Day Monday>, I'd make it a two-day event and sleep in the car if I had too :P )

I'm supposed to work @ the Rutgers gaem Sat.... but I very well may have to reschedule that in light of the return of the FuturLiner....

Roger.... any chance you'd have room for a drooling concept vehicle freak in the trunk ??

Of that Fleetwood? There's room for you, your wife, and your 3 kids!

The Fleetwood is not making the trip out to Hershey, plenty of time for that in the future. The AURA will be my mode of transportation, especially since I have approximately 2,500 miles to use up before it goes back to GMAC on November 17 (lease end). Of course if I was planning to buy a lot of parts and stuff, the Fleetwood would be a better vehicle to use - thankfully I am not in need of anything at this time :lol:

The weather looks so-so for this year's show... the NOAA National Weather Service is calling for rain Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (mostly evening or over-night showers, 20-50% ratings), and Saturday is suppose to be cool and cloudy. Thankfully 75% of the show in Hershey nowadays is on asphalt, compared to the past where "Hershey mud" was not a fun thing to deal with. However, the showcar/judging area is on the grassy fields of the old Hershey golf course, so rain prior to Saturday will not make the fields a nice place to walk around on Saturday.

Good news about the Futurliner... it will be staying in Hershey for the winter. Part of the arrangement made with NATMUS (the owners of the Futurliner) is that the AACA Museum in Hershey will play host to the Futurliner as part of it's winter display. So even though I'm dragging the little guy to see it on Saturday (and more importantly climb into it), I will drag the wife and children again in January to see it at the museum (probably not likely to sit in it then though). So for those wanting to see the Futurliner, you will have some additional time this year to see it in Hershey beyond the annual fall meet.

The highlight of this week for me is going to Hershey on Saturday... and there's a ton of work that needs to be done at my job before the end of the week. I will definitely enjoy the break this weekend after the all my workl oad is gone.