What's next for Caddy??

jrockb4

Who says?

You have said previously that a Camaro business case would be paired with a Caddy coupe. Also numerous reports indicate that the next CTS would have coupe and convertible varients. Are you indicating that the Caddy coupe may not share sheet metal/designation with the CTS?

You have said previously that a Camaro business case would be paired with a Caddy coupe.  Also numerous reports indicate that the next CTS would have coupe and convertible varients.  Are you indicating that the Caddy coupe may not share sheet metal/designation with the CTS?

Please read my posts. I have never said there will be a CTC or that it will be linked to a Camaro if that in fact does return. I am not indicating but stating at this time there is no sigma based Cadillac Coupe. Numerous reportes on message boards where anybody can speculate are not facts.

Please read my posts.  I have never said there will be a CTC or that it will be linked to a Camaro if that in fact does return.  I am not indicating but stating at this time there is no sigma based Cadillac Coupe.  Numerous reportes on message boards where anybody can speculate are not facts.

I think the problem I am having is that I am reading this post

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...indpost&p=72235 and http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...indpost&p=72739 as the two being linked when in fact they are not. So a CTS coupe (I was calling it CTC) not based on the same platform as Camaro and a Camaro would leave little space to a GTO. Also as I read in your second post there are no plans at this time for a Sigma based Caddy coupe. Did I get it right this time?

I think the problem I am having is that I am reading this post

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...indpost&p=72235 and http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...indpost&p=72739  as the two being linked when in fact they are not.  So a CTS coupe (I was calling it CTC) not based on the same platform as Camaro and a Camaro would leave little space to a GTO.  Also as I read in your second post there are no plans at this time for a Sigma based Caddy coupe.  Did I get it right this time?

And I will quote myself: "But in summary, the 2 door portfolio is getting crowded if the CTS Coupe and Camaro get the go ahead."

If is a speculative term.

My posted were directed at explaing if something happens, something else will not happen in the context that Cadillac and Chevrolet are foundation brands within GM and therefor will command more resourses and product.

Edited by evok

And I will quote myself: "But in summary, the 2 door portfolio is getting crowded if the CTS Coupe and Camaro get the go ahead."

If is a speculative term.

My posted were directed at explaing if something happens, something else will not happen in the context that Cadillac and Chevrolet are foundation brands within GM and therefor will command more resourses and product.

Sorry I am having trouble comprehending the last few days, been out of town a lot and have gotten little sleep. Thanks for clearing that up evok.

I like everything you wrote except that I think the Eldorado should be more of 6-Series competitor (but with more legroom) and based of the STS..

The rear legroom and longer wheelbase are not always true-Chevrolet Cobalt and Honda Civic come to mind here-I thought about that, but I thought of it on the CTS' 113" wheelbase but with decent passenger and cargo room, at least similar to the last 1992-2002 model, which had a 108" wheelbase on a front-drive platform.

So you are saying that Cadillac should ditch CTS, STS, SRX, BLS and DTS?????

CTS starts at $29,990; STS at $41,740; SRX at $36,990; DTS $41,990

So a Cadillac Kappa coupe (NOT CONVERTIBLE)  priced around $45K would be a "poor man's Cadillac"? Its obviously, been awile since you ventured into a Cadillac dealership.

There needs to be another sporty coupe other than the $78,295 XLR.

thats not what i was saying at all...

I'm just saying... Cadillac needs to be the most pestiguous vehicles on the road...

so... in making a CLK type of car seems to water down cadillacs image... allow another brand to handle the near luxury... and let cadillac use other cars to define to the industry what luxuary means...